carry on liquor

bchbum641

Costa does not allow any liquor to be brought on board at the original embarkation. If you purchase liquor at one of the port of calls, your liquor will be held until the last night. At that point your liquor purchases are being delivered to your stateroom.

Although I heard (have not tried that yet), that apparently wine or beer is not a big problem to be brought on board.

If you are interested, you might consider to fill some water bottles with your favorite liquor or ice tea bottles (if it's whiskey, brandy, etc.). That works well... wink, wink...

Andy

My husband has always just packed his Jack D's in our suit case--its a hard case and it has always made it through on the 4 Carnival cruises that we have taken. On Carnival we would just keep a bottle or two that we bought a the port and put it in the carry on and it got through the exray machines- I'm not sure if they were only looking for metal things or they just let it go.

I was on the Christmas Cruise on Mediterranea, and personally saw two people try to bring alcohol back on the ship, concealed in tote bags. The Security Guard asked them to remove the bottles from the tote (was visable on the xray machine) - the guests tried to deny knowing anything about the alcohol--was I'm sure embarrassing for them, but was amusing to bystanders, as they stood there denying they were trying to bring alcohol on board, and it was definitely in the tote bags!

My advice-don't try it.

Can you buy liquor in Fort Lauderdale and just pack it in your suitcases that you check at the port and not the carry ons?

I also read somewhere that you can bring your own wine.

Anyone???

We sailed Costa Atlantica a few years ago and took a case of beer in our suitcase. Made it just fine to the room. When we were in Ocho Rios, the weather was bad and we had cancelled our excursion. Walked off the ship, bought a case of Red Stripe, walked back on the ship. No problem, mon. I know this is frowned upon, but we still spent plenty of money at the bar. We are sailing Magica in March with the kids and plan to take soda and maybe a couple of bottles of wine for dinner packed in the suitcase.

We filled water bottles w/ white rum and vodka. I heard of others using listerine for dark rum. Also, placed a luggage tag on pop and sent w/ luggage. Worked fine. At the ports fill the water bottles again. OJ and Rum or vodka is a good deck drink.

Just got back from holiday cruise on costa medit and i brought 2 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of rum in one back pack carry on,and my wife had in her back pack 1 six pack of wine coolers and in my daughters carry on 1 six pack of beer. it went through customs and no one question anything at all. when we were at st johns say story ,I bought 2 bottles of booze and had no problem again. this was my third cruise and have had no problem. I'm going on a cruise again and I'll do the same. GOOD LUCK .GGG:D

I was on the November 20 Mediterranea. My parents brought Vodka and Jack Daniels in their checked luggage without a problem. I bought wine and beer at our first port stop in Key west and was stopped at the xray machine- first they told me they would hold it for me until the end of the cruise and then a person in charge came over and said it was okay for me to bring beer and wine on the ship- but hard alcohol (which I did not have) would have been held until the end of the cruise. So, I say pack your liquor in your checked bags before you get on the ship and feel free to bring beer and wine on board either in the beginning of the cruise or at the port stops but do not try to bring liquor on board at the ports or they will hold it for you.

I did a 'test' in december .. put 3 bottles of wine in a shopping bag, in plain view.. no problem going thru security ..in san juan we purchased(.99 ea.) little bottles of vodka for drinks on the balcony and went right thru security with them.. we sent our wine down to the dining room and were never charged a surcharge.. our waiter and his asst. were the ones pouring the wine and we tipped them extra at the end of the cruise.. also, they did not charge for capaccino which everyone says you get charged for at dinner ..one nite i had ordered a manhattan up which came in a beautiful martini type glass with a blue stem .. I offered to buy the glass..the server returned with a clean one.. no charge..

Archived