Reivew Liberty Sailing 2/4

rpsinnj

liberty 2/4 sailing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was our 41th Carnival Cruise and I though it was great. This ship is great. This was our 2nd time on Liberty since we are on 12 night med cruise out of rome. I though there was area of improvement but overall it was a great cruise. John Heald is back aboard ship along with lot of members that was original staff and crew. John Heald is still going strong still the best in his field. He and his socal hosts are always involved with doing something, non stop action.There is always something to do during sea days at sea. Staff of Hedi, Steph, Allen and come on Becky and more are great. The two Vegas shows are outstanding. Carnival does a great job with Carnival Legend show, getting guest involved during the week and having karatoe out outside at night on Lido deck with Big screen TV it is great. We loved watching the Super Bowl on big tv along with about 300/400 people it was great they also had special type hand food during game. We had the same asst waiter Ivin as we did in August and he did as great job just like he did prior along with Dan the Waiter, great team and great service. Food was ok, because there was lot of items I didnot like because of new menu that Carnival has, thank god i like to eat steaks and chicken. Great selection of food on Lido for Lunch, Fish and Chips, NY Deli and Cheense food is great. Sometimes hot food selection was not to my liking but trust me I didnt go hunry. Food at Harry's paid dinning were outstanding and service 5 Stars. Did not like the piano bar singer I thought at times he was too dry and didnt get people involved, i perfer ron or ed rocks type of players. John Heald bed time story is still a high light of the cruise, people was crying in there seats during this show. Carnival has cut back on midnight buffet food, hambers and cookies only during the week, I though this was week, also gala buffet is also cut back big time. There was several midnight shows, they were very good but not great, not the al ernest or philly etc, they were also very short like 25/30 minutes long. We did two tours more details later. Being from New Jersey home of Willy Banger so no more and meeting so many people it was outstanding. I loved the carnival liberty and crew we had a greta week I would cruise again on this ship in a heart beat.

i forgot to mention getting on and off ship was a breeze. We got on around 12 noon or so , we were at pier around 1030am, no lines. We did self assist to get off and it was so easy, off ship around 8am, There was taxi cabs waiting at that time, but we used Fort Lauderdale VIP Limo servie and they were great. I did notice getting onto ship very few taxi cab in area of carnival terminal around 1030am so be careful getting off ship with taxi

Robert, glad you had a good time !

We are sailing Apr 1 and cant wait to see John again--he's the best.

I know what you mean about the piano player- Duane. We had him on the Miracle--just way too boring.

I wrote the guy that hires all of the musicians about him. I said he was a nice guy, but better suited for a quiet, easy listening type lounge. Well he wrote back and said Duane seems to be doling quite well on the Liberty. Ha !

I told him to take a look at cruise critic and see how much negative press he has gotten. I'm only praying he's off by Apr 1 as the piano bar is one of our favorite spots.

Come on Becca posted here quite a bit when she was off--I think she lives over in the Tampa area. She was so excited to be assigned to the Liberty.

Take care and welcome back !

OT - for iluvdoxies

Can I guess that your name comes from Daschunds?

We have 2 - 7 month Red Piebald Miniature Daschunds and just couldn't wait to get home Sunday and see them.

Yep we have 2--a standard red male and a mini silver/back dapple.

Just the greatest dogs, they run the house !

we heard that irvin is up for promation soon, he is great and great attitude

we did the best of Antigua Tour. Note this tour did not go to any of Antigua 300 plus beaches, we were shock that it didn't.

You will see the natural harbors, Antigua served as the naval base for the British Royal Navy in the Caribbean long ago. You will go to Dow's Hill Visitors Center where you will enjoy a multi-media presentation that covers six periods of the island's history with plenty of photo opportunities. Then You will go to Blockhouse. Standing atop sheer cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, you will see Indian Creek where the first Arawak Indians settled. Then you will move on to Shirley Heights Lookout, the most southerly point in Antigua, this was the principal fortification of the British fleet stationed at English Harbor.

Make your final stop at Nelson's Dockyard, named after Admiral Lord Horatio Nelson and built in 1725 to provide a base squadron of ships patrolling the West Indies maintaining England's sea power. Georgian naval dockyard still in use today. You will have time at

the Admiral's Inn, museum, mystery pillars, bakery and admire the sleek yachts tied to the old stone quay side. very nice place. A complimentary beverage is given at Admirals Inn you can sit by the water or inside Inn and relax and enjoy, very nice tour.

come on becca, she got her name from being the bingo lady during the cruise if you cruise with her you will see why lol

you use to hear thru out the week waiters singing, but now i only heard it a few times during the week since you have to pay

Birthday (6 Inch Vanilla) Cake

Vanilla cake with strawberry filling, serves up to 6. $7.95 amazing what carnival does to keep price of down and to make more money

in san juan we got in early around 4pm but we didnt leave ship until about 7pm or so, just walked around a little and bought some item duty free at pier.

If you go upstair inside pier some great buys.

More on other tour

We were on the 2/4 sailing, Eastern Carrib., and loved the itinerary. Didn't get off ship in San Juan. Fell in love with St. Thomas. More in love with Antigua. Just when we thought it couldn't get better, we went to Tortola (actually only for a short time - toured the Baths @ Virgin Gorda - not to be missed).

Have been to Bahamas before, so Nassau was simply get off the ship and walk around.

Nice to have the 8th night.

Ship is pretty; some areas are confusing to find, but creates a challenge. Tried to put our finger on why you sometimes "felt" the presence of the # of passengers....think it has to do with the stadium-seating arrangement of deck chairs around the big screen.

All in all, GREAT CRUISE!

We were on the 2/4 sailing, Eastern Carrib., and loved the itinerary. Didn't get off ship in San Juan. Fell in love with St. Thomas. More in love with Antigua. Just when we thought it couldn't get better, we went to Tortola (actually only for a short time - toured the Baths @ Virgin Gorda - not to be missed).

Have been to Bahamas before, so Nassau was simply get off the ship and walk around.

Nice to have the 8th night.

Ship is pretty; some areas are confusing to find, but creates a challenge. Tried to put our finger on why you sometimes "felt" the presence of the # of passengers....think it has to do with the stadium-seating arrangement of deck chairs around the big screen.

All in all, GREAT CRUISE!

jpatryak: How did you get to the Bath's (Speedy's, Patouche, or the ships tour)?

once glad to hear you had fun on 15 day cruise we might cruise again in april on liberty or later on in may will know my mid of this week coming. Lines on two sea days were long for lunch at times, depends on time for grill, lido buffet was packed after 7pm and grill on san juan day. Breakfeast line was no problmen short to average

once i hope your cruise critic gang was better then mine, it rainned on meet and greet day and I could find them the rest of week, only one member bruce and we only talked for a short period of time at a stop on a tour. 5 ports of call is tough and one day sea day it was cold and rain 1/2 of day. Hope you had better piano bar player then we did, i did not go to piano bar much at all and you know i love it there

lines for food wasnt bad at all, usaully lines at prime times for breakfeast and lunch but overall not bad, sometimes grill would back up due to demand and cooking. also if you gong to book harry's paid dinning due it early for the day you are going to go, this place is hot and is selling out fast

lines for food wasnt bad at all, usaully lines at prime times for breakfeast and lunch but overall not bad, sometimes grill would back up due to demand and cooking. also if you gong to book harry's paid dinning due it early for the day you are going to go, this place is hot and is selling out fast

Robert & Suzanne

Great Review! Brought back memories of last summer! A little birdie told me you guys will be back on again soon! Wish we could join you! Sad you guys can't join us on the Destiny April 9th. We need to represent NJ!

Archived