Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suites/Balconies

Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suite

Hey all!

Since there seems to be so many questions flying around recently about this, I thought I’d start an "official" thread.

Feel free to post Category 12 cabin reviews and questions here for these ships only!

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

These are the only ships that these Category 12 cabins are the same!

These are the only ships that this information is applicable...

Feel free to add more, but some pictures below:

Category 12 Balcony (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2676343770079337728qXFXhT

http://community.webshots.com/photo/141591652/1141596209055171848VxljQI

Category 12 Suite (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48038599/1048039635039242363WxBAAC

http://community.webshots.com/album/548338073kgGJoB/1

http://community.webshots.com/album/141591652GBkKGm

These are before the recent upgrade in the new bedding.

Info about Fantasy Class Category 12 "Penthouse" Suite…

Even though it’s called a penthouse suite, it is not on the highest level, it is midship on the Upper Deck.

The cabin is 330 square feet with a 30 square foot balcony.

There are no obstructed views.

There are twin beds that are convertible to a king, and a separate sitting area with an "L" shaped corner couch.

There is a mini-fridge, bar area with a lot of different types of glassware, and a VCR.

There is a standard sized tub.

If you book this cabin type, then you get VIP boarding, so make sure that you find the VIP line/location for your particular embarkation port.

Bring a bungee if you want to keep the balcony door open, (sometimes wedges work, sometimes they don’t)…

Hope this helps.

Curt Jerome Wild

Just wanted to add that our 2 DDs stayed with us on the Imagination, Cat 12. Had plenty of room~only problem was the bathroom. DH would sit on the balcony with a favorite libation while the three of us used the bathroom. Later discovered he could have used the spa!

Bring a bungee if you want to keep the balcony door open, (sometimes wedges work, sometimes they don’t)…

On the Elation, you don't need either. There's a hook on the back of the door that you can fasten into another hook on the wall. It's in the top corner of the door. Not sure about the other Fantasy-class ships, though.

On the Elation, you don't need either. There's a hook on the back of the door that you can fasten into another hook on the wall. It's in the top corner of the door. Not sure about the other Fantasy-class ships, though.

Hey there!

I've stayed in these quite a few times (and with friends on the same cruise in different Category 12s - same cruise, different cabin); and there have been a few times where either the hook was missing, or not working on some balconies...

That's why I say bring the bungee...

If you have a hook that works, great, if you don't, then you're gonna say: "Doh! :eek: Why didn't I bring that bungee like CJW said..."

I have stayed in a Category 12 Cabin ten times: (Carnivale, Ecstasy, Truimph(twice), Fantasy, Pride, Sensation, Conquest, Glory, & Miracle). The Cat. 12 cabin in the Fantasy Class is just Ok compared to the Destiny Class and Spirit Class. There are no obstructed views (CAT. 12) on the Fantasy and Destiny Class. There are some partially obstructed views on the Spirit Class. I have no idea about the Holiday Class.

Don't forget about the Skipper's Club!

Cat. 12 (Fantasy Class)

Suites:

* The cabin dimension is 14' x 23 1/2'; the balcony is 14' x 5'

* 18" television

* VCR with remote control

* bar area (not stocked)

* refrigerator (not stocked)

* combination shower/whirlpool/bathtub

* sitting area consists of an L-shaped couch (seats 5), two chairs, and a coffee table.

* twin beds that convert to king

* walk-in closet with plenty of hangers and space

* wall safe in closet is 6"w x 4.5"h x 5"l

* The verandah patio consists of one lounge, two chairs and a small table.

Cabin door to balcony does not always stay open on its own.

wow-thanks for the photos. 3 friends and i are going on the fantasy in january and are getting a cat. 12. it is a "bachelorette cruise" so we figured we could all stay in one room. looks plenty big for us and is almost the same price as two inside rooms.

can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the sofa in this suite converts into a bed? Thanks!

Yes it does.:)

It converts to a "single" (which I think is one size bigger than a "twin":confused: ).

CJW

PS Sorry WiggleBay, I'm not a hairdryer person, so I've never paid attention or looked.

If you can't find the hairdryer in your Cat 12 (Fantasy Class ship), check for the swing out mirror on either end of the vanity/desk area.

It's behind there in a little cubbyhole!

Curt

Not to be picky, but I think the balconys on all the Fantasy class ships in the Cat 12s have a SF of closer to 70. Maybe the 30SF that you mentioned is on the Veranda Suites?? I was on the Sensation last week in stateroom U69 and we certainly had more than 30 square feet on our balcony!

Not to be picky, but I think the balconys on all the Fantasy class ships in the Cat 12s have a SF of closer to 70. Maybe the 30SF that you mentioned is on the Veranda Suites?? I was on the Sensation last week in stateroom U69 and we certainly had more than 30 square feet on our balcony!

"You are correct sir!" (Said in an Ed McMahon voice to Johnny Carson)

It is 70 square feet on the balcony for Category 12.

I was thinking about 30 square feet for Category 11 Verandah Deck, because I think I had just finished posting an answer to that in a different thread.

And it's good to be picky, this thread is so that we can all compare notes, collect the most descriptive information, and help others.

So thank you for noticing that. Also, it'd be great if you had any pictures to share, or wanted to do a mini-review of the cabin on this thread...

Aren't any suites (category 11 or 12 eligible for Skipper's club - priority check-in/boarding)?

Yes, all Category 12s and 11s get VIP/Priority check-in.

It's behind there in a little cubbyhole!

I always forget about those cubbyholes behind the vanity mirrors in both Category 12s and also 11s! Thanks, I have a picture of that somewhere...

Does anyone know if the sofa in this suite converts into a bed?

Found a picture of the couch for you! Click below:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/550033805/2781217920079337728wkIFEl

CJW:D

I did, in fact, post a review of the Sensation upon my return two weeks ago and mentioned the changes to the Cat 12 staterooms. Curt, your picture of the L-shaped couch is no longer a feature on the Sensation. One of my comments was how much more "usable" floor space is now available in these suites. For example, in place of that L-shaped couch, you now have a conventional sofa ( convertible bed ) and a chair or two so it's easier to sit with friends and do the social thing. Also the vanity now extends along the ENTIRE length of the wall so for you ladies, there is NO END of space for your "whatever" Also drawers for a month long cruise under this vanity means nothing has to clutter up the floor! For you folks that have recently cruised on other Fantasy class ships and now are on the Sensation in a Cat 12, you will be VERY happy. I'll check and see if I have any pictures of the stateroom.

Brent:)

ships and now are on the Sensation in a Cat 12, you will be VERY happy. I'll check and see if I have any pictures of the stateroom.

Brent

would love to see pics of Cat 12 we sail in 12 days. our email is mbolchoz@comcast.net. Also do you know if they had a guest talent show on the 4 day.

thanks

cheri

I have stayed in a Category 12 Cabin ten times: Holiday Class.

Cat. 12 (Fantasy Class)

Suites:

* The cabin dimension is 14' x 23 1/2'; the balcony is 14' x 5'

Cabin door to balcony does not always stay open on its own.

Terry

Do you know if there is a blowdryer in the penthouse suites on the Sensation. we sail in 1 week & I really don't want to pack the blowdryer

thanks Cheri :)

Terry

Do you know if there is a blowdryer in the penthouse suites on the Sensation. we sail in 1 week & I really don't want to pack the blowdryer

thanks Cheri :)

Cheri

Two weeks ago on the Sensation there was NO hairdryer in stateroom U69, so my wife tells me! Better pack one.

What is the VIP check-in like? How long does it take compared to regular cruisers?

Regarding the VIP checkin- Port Canaveral has a small "quirk" that you need to watch out for, especially when boarding the Sensation. The VIP entrance is at the HEAD of the line where everyone enters the terminal. If you don't see the sign, you'll stand in line with thousands of your friends. Two weeks ago, upon arrival, at the terminal the line seemed to stretch almost back to the parking lot. My wife got in line and I walked around to the front of the line just out of curiosity and then I saw the SMALL VIP sign. I grabbed the wife and bags and said goodby to the "masses" and walked right in to the VIP lounge. Five minutes later I was in my stateroom! Once again, this applies to the Sensation. The Fantasy was at a different dock so I can't tell you how easy, or difficult, boarding that ship might be. One last thought. I've cruised enough that I don't feel that I have to be the first person on board. With that in mind, I got to the port around 2pm or so and STILL encountered a very long line. You just never know from cruise to cruise. Once again, look for that sign!

Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suite

Hey all!

Since there seems to be so many questions flying around recently about this, I thought I’d start an "official" thread.

Feel free to post Category 12 cabin reviews and questions here for these ships only!

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

These are the only ships that these Category 12 cabins are the same!

These are the only ships that this information is applicable...

Feel free to add more, but some pictures below:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2676343770079337728qXFXhT

http://community.webshots.com/photo/141591652/1141596209055171848VxljQI

Category 12 Suite (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48038599/1048039635039242363WxBAAC

http://community.webshots.com/album/548338073kgGJoB/1

http://community.webshots.com/album/141591652GBkKGm

These are before the recent upgrade in the new bedding.

Info about Fantasy Class Category 12 "Penthouse" Suite…

Even though it’s called a penthouse suite, it is not on the highest level, it is midship on the Upper Deck.

The cabin is 330 square feet with a 30 square foot balcony.

There are no obstructed views.

There are twin beds that are convertible to a king, and a separate sitting area with an "L" shaped corner couch.

There is a mini-fridge, bar area with a lot of different types of glassware, and a VCR.

There is a standard sized tub.

If you book this cabin type, then you get VIP boarding, so make sure that you find the VIP line/location for your particular embarkation port.

Hope this helps.

Curt Jerome Wild

CORRECTION: The Category 12 Suite has a 70 sqft balcony. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed on the Paradise in a Cat 12 and loved it. Just a few things to add. First, there were plenty of outlets. There is one at the vanity, one next to the TV and one in the "living room" area by the sofa on the small divider wall between the sleeping area and the sofa area. There is no outlet in the bathroom except one odd thing near the ceiling at the mirror "for shavers only". (My DH has a shaver but not the kind that would plug into that type of outlet.) I still brought an extension cord but didn't need it on the ship, used it in the hotel. Also, our TV had jacks right in the front so we unplugged the dinosaur VCR and plugged our DVD player right in

easy as can be. No, never really watched it on the ship, just the plane.

Also, there was no hairdryer at all! Didn't need it but I did look all over but also did not ask. I was busy asking for the foam pad for the bed they never could find-lol! I think that must be a myth. I spent one night in the king bed split into twins and it was really comfortable but my mom was wiggling and snoring so I changed places with my son who was on the sofa bed. Oh so much better! It was not a spring type bed but a firm slide out and flip type bed and it was a lot bigger. I am not sure if they call it a double bed or not but it was close and could easily sleep two kids if they could stand it.

Mine could not so we also had a rollaway bed. In the "living area" there are two really comfy chairs and a table. We moved the chairs and table and put the rollaway along the wall between the balcony door and the tv/vanity wall unit. It fit perfectly and then dd had the little triangle table to use as her nightstand. There was also a square table on that wall so when we had the king bed split, we moved it between the twin beds and it must be made for that spot because it slid right in. The steward didn't do it for us though. We left the rollaway up the whole time and during the day moved the chairs over by the sofa but at night, we just put the chairs at the bottom of the beds with the big oval table so we could enjoy our room service while watching all the "talks" we missed. When I moved to the sofa bed the oval table slid along the wall to give me a great night stand to put all my junk on at night.

Also, the jacuzzi tub is really nice, everyone loved it except Grandma! She only "just" filled it enough to cover the jets and when she turned it on, the water shot out of the tub all over the entire bathroom, gallons of it!! It would have been funnier except we had just hung our formal wear in there on the back of the door hoping that some of the wrinkles would steam out when she took her bath-lol! You MUST fill the tub almost all the way up to the little grooves/ledge on the side of the tub. Oh and the big problem for her was she could not find the button to turn it off-lol! It is the SAME button for both. Our gowns dried quickly and off we went to the formal but we are all wondering how long before SHE thinks it is funny.

The walk in closet is great. Put the luggage under the bed and use the entire closet. The hangers are adjustable, they can snap off and move anywhere you want. The shelves are really deep and dont forget to open the mirror at the vanity, lots of storage there too. I had plenty of room for all the kids clothes, wetsuits, and my clothes and my purses and too much stuff esp. shoes plus you get 4 large drawers and 4 small drawers at the vanity. I never even used the nightstand drawers and there were 2 fairly good sized ones. If your luggage is the fancy $400 stupid giant suitcase like granny's, you will have to unzip it open and have the top flopped back to put it under the bed. All the rest fit fine though. Speaking of Granny's luggage, if flying, pay close attention to the weight limits for your airline. Ours was 70 and yes, coming home the giant suitcase was 7 lbs. over so I just put some into my bag rather than pay the $50 penalty.

I did bring a bungie cord for the balcony door but the part no one here mentioned is that it has to be a really LONG one. Mine was about 12 inches and it was too short. We never needed it though because we had 2 chairs and a lounge chair so we just propped the door open with one of the chairs. They are heavy enough. Crazy Grandma wanted to sleep out on the balcony one night so she tried to sleep on the lounge chair-lol. Luckily she came in because it is TRUE they wash off the decks above you and anything a foot from the rail will get wet and yucky. However, we realized that only a certain part of the balcony got wet and we could have easily put the rollaway out there! Something to keep in mind for next trip for those of you that like sleeping in the fresh air. Don't hesitate to ask for a rollaway right away. I will next time just to have it for the balcony!! Do pop off the wheels though so you don't roll around on the balcony-lol-and don't do it if you sleep walk.

Note too about the silly glasses in the cabinet under the TV. Forget about them! The only "good" ones were the larger wine glasses but we noticed that the regular glasses seemed to be in short supply and they were the only really nice ones for drinking. If you get those on your vanity by the ice bucket, guard them with your life and ask for a few more. Room service tried to take them every time and in the end, we did lose them. You will need a drink of something in your room even if it is just water.

The refrig was loaded but there is enough room on the left side inside the cabinet to put all the stuff there. Our steward thought it was great that we did it ourselves because he has no place to put it either. I moved all the stuff and filled it up with out stuff including a pitcher simply by sliding out the little shelf in the middle. We also moved all the glassware to the back, filling up the little holes so we could keep our own stuff up front. That cabinet is a giant waste of space unless you are actually serving 15 people drinks and wine in your cabin.

All in all, we loved the suite so so much. The VIP getting on and OFF! was great and really made the trip nice not having the headache at the end. The night our luggage was to be put outside the room, they gave us a "VIP" letter with new tags and we were first off the ship. We gathered in the lounge with just a handful of people at 8:15 and walked off. If you can swing it, get the suite. If you can't, at least go cruise....anyway you can. We loved it.

Archived