Princess wedding questions!!!

princessbride05

Hello! We will be getting married at sea in june of 2005. I would love to hear from others planning a princess cruise line wedding and previous brides!! I have a few questions

what does the bouquet you get in the package look like? and how much better is the upgraded one? can you choose any colors you want?

How about the cake for the reception? what does it look like anyone have any pictures of theirs??

are we allowed to take our boquets off the boat when we get home?

and can we bring cake cutting set on board??

what was you experience like w/ the wedding experience??

thanks sooo much!!

Hi there! I was just married on the Star in September, so I can help. I wrote a VERY detailed review that is posted on the Weddings board, but here is the link so you don't have to search for it:

Wedding Review

To answer your questions that may not be in the review..

Send me an email and I'll send you my pics of flowers and cake, etc. SuzyCruisy@aol.com. Ask for the wedding pics.

I didn't see any point in upgrading my bouquet, so I can't tell you anything about it. I really liked the standard dozen roses.

You can choose your bouquet colors from a list of standard ones they have, and might get to pay extra for more exotic colors. Again, I can't comment because the colors I wanted were standard ones.

You can't take the bouquet home because its illegal under the "fruits and flowers" you can't bring into the US through immigration. SO, take lots of pics of them!

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to bring a cake cutting set onboard, as long as you packed it in your checked luggage. The set they had us use was really nice though. And very guarded by the waitstaff.

My review will tell you ALL about my experience with the wedding experience. Since we don't have a choice in the matter, it was fine. I do have some tips for future brides in the review though.

It was dreamy!

Suzy

NEXT --> Monarch family weekend 10/15/04 & Grand Galveston 12/11/04

Diamond Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/1/04

Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 10/18/03 -- Wind Star Honeymoon icon_biggrin.gif 11/14/03

Star Princess Wedding icon_biggrin.gif 9/24/03 -- Mercury icon_biggrin.gif 10/5/03

Vision of the Seas icon_smile.gif 10/28/02 -- Amsterdam icon_smile.gif 4/22/03

Sun Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/10/02 -- Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 6/15/02

Carnival Holiday icon_frown.gif 9/8/00

Noone else married or plans on marrying on a princess cruise??? i'd LOVE to hear about your experiences as well please!! and pictures would be AWESOME to see!! We are planning on doing it on the Caribbean Princess! but love to hear about ANY Princess ship weddings THANK YOU!!

Suggest you check with Suzy Cruisey, who is often on this board. She wrote a lengthy review of her wedding last year on a Princess ship. Don't know if you can find using the "search feature".

My wife and I were invited to a wedding on the Golden Princess' trans-Atlantic fall of 2002, and thought it very well done. The Captain (Andy Proctor) and his staff did an excellent job, and it was a memorable experience. Each of the Princess ships offering this service has a Wedding Coordinator on the Purser's staff, and the one on the Golden was very efficient.

Good luck.

Michael

Make sure you check that CP got their license to marry you onboard! We were on the April 17 sailing and they didn't yet have it. One couple had to get off in G Cayman in all their finery with about 20 people on the tender to get married there. As for bringing flowers back we saw a couple who bought a tropical arrangement in Cozumel walk ashore at FL with his. The guard stopped him but then let him take it home. So what goes??

Caribbean Princess, Carnival Spirit, HAL Zuiderdam,Carnival Spirit, Amsterdam, Alaska, Grand Princess, HAL Valendam, Nordic Empress, Enchantment of the Seas, Celebrity Century, HAL Ryndam, Seawind Crown,Dawn Princess, Island Breeze.

Archived