Kenai Fjords cruise or Prince William Sound

MSEm

Would like any thought or suggestions on Kenai Fjord cruise or Prince William Sound. If I can do only 1 of these which one? I will not be cruising though Prince William Sound on a cruise ship. I will be ending a HAL cruisetour in Anchorage and will have 2 full days before a fly out.

Would like any thought or suggestions on Kenai Fjord cruise or Prince William Sound. If I can do only 1 of these which one? I will not be cruising though Prince William Sound on a cruise ship. I will be ending a HAL cruisetour in Anchorage and will have 2 full days before a fly out.

Even if you were cruising through PWS on a cruise ship, you don't get nearly as close to the glaciers as with a small boat tour.

Do you arrive into Seward on your cruise? Too bad that you don't have the time to do the Kenai Fjords NP tour before you start the cruisetour.

What are you doing in Anchorage for the two days before you fly out? Do you mean two nights? Even if only one night, I might do the following:

drive to Whittier, stop at Portage Glacier's visitor center, take PWS cruise in the afternoon, head to Seward. Spend the night in Seward, take morning Kenai Fjords cruise, check out Exit Glacier, Sealife Center or other things in the area, head back to Anchorage or spend another night in Seward depending on your timeframe. You can fit in a stop in Girdwood and the Alyeska Resort as well if interested.

It is possible to do an all day trip from Anchorage to Seward including a boat trip but it makes for a very long day. As others have suggested, if you can, spend the night in Seward and don't settle for anything less than the 6-8 hour trip.

I will be on the HAL ship for only 3 night (Vancouver to Skagwag), then it will be a 10 day land tour ending in Anchorage. I will arrive late on Aug 15 and fly out at 9 PM on Aug 18.

I want to do the all day cruise/tour and am trying to decide between PWS or

Kenia Fjords from Seward.If you can do only one of the two, which one and why?

Thanks for all the replies

If your ship comes in to Seward, that would be the better choice since the small boat harbor is less than a mile away. At the end of the small boat cruise, you can return to Anchorage by bus or the Alaska Railroad.

If you are being immediately transfered to Anchorage and have some time here, go with the trips out of Whittier that depart from downtown Anchorage. If you don't have your own car, the boat operators can arrange for transportation via bus or the Alaska Railroad.

If your ship comes in to Seward, that would be the better choice since the small boat harbor is less than a mile away. At the end of the small boat cruise, you can return to Anchorage by bus or the Alaska Railroad.

If you are being immediately transfered to Anchorage and have some time here, go with the trips out of Whittier that depart from downtown Anchorage. If you don't have your own car, the boat operators can arrange for transportation via bus or the Alaska Railroad.

The OP is not on a ship to either Seward or Whittier, but on a cruisetour that ends in Anchorage. (3 days on the ship from Vancouver to Skagway, followed by land trip through the Yukon, etc.)

Archived