Private tour guide

bluecruisin

Bully treated us fabulously when we used him for our transportation while on the island in September. He has lived on the island his entire life, thus extremely knowledgable and knows the island like the back of his palm. I would also add that he is dependable.

Another bonus is that he speaks easy to understand English. Though Arubans speak English, with the accent, we have found some drivers to be extremely difficult to understand. He gave us a short tour of the island on our way to the airport in September and in 15 visits to Aruba he showed us places we never even knew existed.

We liked him so much we are using him for 3 airport pickups for our family in December.

bully_card.jpg

Lisa, Would it be possible to see(drive by or stop breifly for photos) the island in 2hours? We'll be spending the morning on Jolly pirates snorkle and late afternoon on Manchebo beach and at their spa. We're looking for a tour for a couple hours in btwn.Thanks!!

Lisa, Would it be possible to see(drive by or stop breifly for photos) the island in 2hours? We'll be spending the morning on Jolly pirates snorkle and late afternoon on Manchebo beach and at their spa. We're looking for a tour for a couple hours in btwn.Thanks!!
I do not think it would be realistic to do both ends of the island in 2 hours but starting from Moomba's/Jolly Pirates you will have plenty of time to see some great sights:

Arashi Beach

California Lighthouse and California Sand Dunes with views of Palm Beach

A drive along the windward coast to see a very rocky and very rough coastline.

The outer perimeter of Tierra del Sol Country Club (a green oasis in the middle of a rocky desert)

Collapsed Natural Bridge along side the "baby sister" natural bridge and then on to Alto Vista Chapel.

If you do plan on using Bully for your tour, do ask him for his suggstions. Even if you use the above as a guideline, Bully can give you a personal overview of the island. BTW, we never heard any political discourse. Refreshing :-)

Below is a view of Arashi Beach taken from the California Lighthouse including a goat (there is a herd in the area)

lh_viewc.jpg

Arubalisa,

Following up on postings from other thread, thanks for suggestions here as well. Does your suggested tour outline include the famous divi divi trees? his might be a great option for us.

Arubalisa,

Following up on postings from other thread, thanks for suggestions here as well. Does your suggested tour outline include the famous divi divi trees? his might be a great option for us.

I believe you are speaking of the famous divi divi tree pictured below and featured in Aruba tourism media. It is located near the Amsterdam Manor and would be an easy stop on the way back to the ship. Just ask before hand so he can build it into the itinerary OR maybe he knows of an even nicer one. ;)

47b7db01b3127cce849e00d4127200000026108iyswrjy2zy_189.jpg

Many thanks again, Arubalisa! Amsterdam Manor was where we were thinking of asking for drop off after tour based on your and others discussions of it as a good place on Eagle Beach with chair and umbrella rentals (and you can get a Balashi--always important to sample the local beer!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I do not think it would be realistic to do both ends of the island in 2 hours but starting from Moomba's/Jolly Pirates you will have plenty of time to see some great sights:

Arashi Beach

California Lighthouse and California Sand Dunes with views of Palm Beach

A drive along the windward coast to see a very rocky and very rough coastline.

The outer perimeter of Tierra del Sol Country Club (a green oasis in the middle of a rocky desert)

Collapsed Natural Bridge along side the "baby sister" natural bridge and then on to Alto Vista Chapel.

If you do plan on using Bully for your tour, do ask him for his suggstions. Even if you use the above as a guideline, Bully can give you a personal overview of the island. BTW, we never heard any political discourse. Refreshing :-)

Many thanks Lisa for this great information! I have contacted Bully (is that his real name??!!) so we'll see what he comes back with!

Dot

Many thanks Lisa for this great information! I have contacted Bully (is that his real name??!!) so we'll see what he comes back with!

Dot

You are very welcome! When we see him again in December I must remember to ask him how he ever came to have such a nickname! He is truly nothing but just a great big teddy bear.

I recently wrote about our family's experiences with Bully at The Aruban Taxi Driver and Bully Again. I have recently heard from another couple who have been using his services for a good number of years and like him as much as we do. :)

I see you have a little bit of time prior to your departure. Don't worry if you do not hear back from him right away. Sometimes it has taken a week or so for me to hear from him. He is a family man who devotes many hours to his job.

Archived