Pier to Pike Market - Walkable? How early can we drop luggage off?

cruisin'sz

Is it an easy walk from the pier (Norwegian Star) to the Pike Market? We were hoping to drop our luggage off early at the Port (10 - 10:30) and then head to Pike Market. Will they take our luggage that early?

I've never taken NCL, so I cannot answer the question about whether or not they will accept luggage early. The 10 am acceptance seems to me a little too early, though.

Are you going to be using Pier 30? Then, yes, Pike Place is definitely walkable from there. There are stairs across the street from the waterfront, or you can take elevators from one of the parking ramps (elevators connect with a bridge to the market).

This map may help you.

http://www.pikeplacemarket.com/frameset.asp?flash=true

In this map, Pier 30 would be to the left (south).

There was a slight mix-up in the previous post regarding which of the Seattle piers are within walking distance of Pike Place Market.

Pier 66 is located right in the middle of the "tourist" part of the Seattle Waterfront. Pier 66 currently services NCL, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will use Pier 66 in September for their coastal cruises. Pike Place Market can be easily accessed from Pier 66 (by walking up stairs and some easier routes known by the locals!).

Terminal 30 (also known as Pier 30) is about 1 1/2 - 2 miles south of Pier 66 in an industrial part of the Seattle Waterfront. It is in a pedestrian unfriendly area. There are no shops, stores or restaurants near Pier 30. It may appear on a map that it is an easy walk to Pier 30 (which services HAL and Princess), but I can assure you that once you start walking in that no-man's land around Pier 30, you will be wishing that you opted for the $10 taxi ride.

It's easy to be confused, so I hope this clears up any confusion!

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Is it an easy walk from the pier (Norwegian Star) to the Pike Market? We were hoping to drop our luggage off early at the Port (10 - 10:30) and then head to Pike Market. Will they take our luggage that early?

Maybe this will answer some of your questions:

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/cruiseseattlefaq.shtml

There is an elevator. :) Then just walk up Lenora, turn right and Pike Market is stright ahead.

From Pier 66, turn right after getting outside the pier buildling, walk a long block, you will see the elevator.

I actually did this in reverse this trip after my $1.25 transfer via bus from Seatac to board the ship.

Pike Place Market has more eateries than grocery stores (i.e. selling individual bottles of water or soda). It might be more cost effective for you to ask at your hotel for a 7-11 convenience type of store to make these type of purchases.

i checked pike place website and they list two groceries or convenience store. the rotary market and pikes place grocery and deli. any one shop there before for soda and water

These are very small and costly markets for buying drinks. Their business is basically individual bottles.

can you pick up soda and water in pikes market. thanks

You can pick up soda and water at RiteAid, a drugstore about 3 blocks East of PikePlace Market on Pike Street. Much better prices and would be able to buy 12-packs.

I contacted the Seattle Port Authority asking them about dropping off luggage early with the Concierge at the Pier and here's their response:

"They are open 7:30 – 3:30 on cruise days."

Archived