on board internet rates

cruisestitch

I just found the card with the current internet rates and thought it might be helpful for cruisers to know...

Each minute if you don't buy a package --- 65 cents

$40 for 75 minutes -- 53 cents per minute

$60 for 125 minutes -- 48 cents per minute

$80 for 185 minutes -- 43 cents per minute

$100 for 260 minutes -- 38 cents per minute

If you are in Captain's club, you get an coupon book with a coupon for

15% off any package BUT this is not actually what they do. You buy a package and they add minutes to it. Not exactly the same think. They told me that the coupons were designed when they contracted the computer services to an outside company but now they do their own. I don't see what that has to do with anything, but that's the way it is.

Katherine, just off the Century

I just found the card with the current internet rates and thought it might be helpful for cruisers to know...

Each minute if you don't buy a package --- 65 cents

$40 for 75 minutes -- 53 cents per minute

$60 for 125 minutes -- 48 cents per minute

$80 for 185 minutes -- 43 cents per minute

$100 for 260 minutes -- 38 cents per minute

If you are in Captain's club, you get an coupon book with a coupon for

15% off any package BUT this is not actually what they do. You buy a package and they add minutes to it. Not exactly the same think. They told me that the coupons were designed when they contracted the computer services to an outside company but now they do their own. I don't see what that has to do with anything, but that's the way it is.

Katherine, just off the Century

Maybe you can clarify this a bit...if I purchased a package for $100/260 min., I WON'T get the 15% discount (being a Captain's Club member)? The 15% will only apply if I purchased the $100 pkg., and then the additional minutes are 15% off? Does any of the written information explain any of this?

Thanks,

Karyn

Hi Karyn, what they have done for me in the past with the 15% is that you get an additional 15% more minutes instead of 15% off the price, and I believe that is what the OP is referring to.

Here's what they told me --

You purchase the package you want at the price they have listed.

They add some free minutes to your package.

This is not what the coupon says, and basically what they are doing is not honoring that coupon, as well as some other coupons in the Captain's Club book. I never saw any written explanation of this new offer.

Thanks for the clarification on this. Celebrity needs to review their coupon policies, and define the language stated. We all know this...but whether it's done or not, is an entirely different issue. Well, one can hope....

Karyn

Do you buy the package once on board or are you able to pre purchase like the soda card? This does also apply to taking your own laptop and using in cabin?

You buy the package on board. There may be other options to buy it ahead of time, but I'm not aware of them. As I understand, you need a package for any use -- your own computers or theres, but as I didn't have my own, I don't want to give out bad information on that issue.

I found the "high speed" connection very slow and often unreliable. I began to use the computer only when one of their personnel was nearby who could credit my account for wasted minutes when the system was behaving poorly.

Archived