Hump Balconies

Since you're out further from the ship, it allows you to view the entire side of the ship - forward and aft - from your balcony.

Otherwise, you can see only either forward or aft, but not in both directions.

As you see, it's nothing major, but it's still a nice touch.

Tell me please. What is good about the hump balconies?

Location...location...location!!! And it is possible that they will be larger than the normal balcony being that they are on a curve. I've never been in a hump, but on the Voyager in March I will experience it for the first time. I'm certain that others on CC will give you all the details.

I had an end one on the Explorer and the balcony is slightly large, not much. But the convenience of the location is it's main attraction. The rooms are located behind a wall, so no noise from the elevators or anything but everything is just a little walk away.

We just had an end one on the Serenade last week, 8586 and the balcony was much larger, though the largest hump balconies are on the port side. Our balcony had plenty of room and even when the kids were there it was plenty roomy. We loved our room and would book it again in a heartbeat.

Whe we did the Liberty of the Seas a few weeks ago, we were in #8338--the "center hump"...

I had looked forward to this with some anticipation...but, to be completely truthful...now that I've done it...really, it was no big deal...

The cabin is basically the same as any other balcony cabin...If the balcony is any larger, it is by such a minute fraction that it's hardly noticeable...

Yes, you get a great photo looking down toward either end of the ship...but, once you've taken the photo, it's not much of a thrill...

Best thing, really, is that we were located so very near the elevators...convenience...

Other than that, I'm not going to get that excited about a hump cabin again...

Compare the experience to getting one of the "Secret Sweet 16" on the Celebrity M-Class (The forward 8 cabins on either side of Deck Six--We had #6035 on the Constellation!))...Those have balconies over twice the size of the standard balcony...now, that's something to write home about...

Hopefully you are on a Voyager and you got room 1314. Being at the start of the hump is the best.

We have the first hump cabin, seventh deck on Serenade coming up in March. I'm curious about the triangle shaped balcony especially. Is that the cabin you're referring to? If so, how was it? Do you have pictures you could post? Appreciate any info.

We have the first hump cabin, seventh deck on Serenade coming up in March. I'm curious about the triangle shaped balcony especially. Is that the cabin you're referring to? If so, how was it? Do you have pictures you could post? Appreciate any info.

I had the first hump on the 8th deck with the triangular balcony, 8586. Here are pictures for you

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2708996920086811290jEBSQk

Archived