Canada Victory Review Part 2

Karen Isaac

Day 3: Wed. First port. The weather was fine. Third day in St. John we woke up and it was raining. We had booked ourselves on an 11:00 am one hour trolly ride (300$/person). We wanted to get a feel for the history/sights of the town and it was just enough. It had stopped raining by this time and I just needed a light sweatshirt. We got off the trolly at the indoor market and walked our way down towards the ship...shopping and stopping in little stores etc.

At about 2:00 we stopped for lunch at a restaurant across the street from the cruise terminal. Big sign says lobster but I can't remember the name. We had delicious chowder/ mussels etc. Should have had the lobsters. (but had lobster on ship night before yummy) They looked delicious. Wandered around the shops at the pier...bought Moosehead Brewery shirts for my kids (St. John home of Moosehead Brewery) back onto ship. Great day 3. More eating, drinking, dancing, gambling etc.

Day 4 Halifax beautiful view heading into Halifax harbor...lovely lighthouses etc. I had booked a private car 4 hr city/Peggy's cove tour by internet with Bob McClintock at www.tourbytaxi.com. He was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We were supposed to meet him at 9am but it took us almost 45 min to get of the ship...still, he was waiting! It was a wonderful, informative tour of this beautiful city. It was the Tall Ships festival so the city was bustling. My only regret was that I couldn't spend more time walking around. I will definitely go back to Halifax again. Last day we spent more time in the hazy sun...some people got burned to a crisp. My friends and I discovered the topless deck...above the track. No one was there so we dragged chairs over and were virtually alone in the sun. We were not topless but it was private, we could hear the music but no crowds. Think I'm done..ask any ??.

Piano player was named Cal.. He played till 1:00am..I'm not sure of the dance bands name...several men who couldn't speak much English but were great sounding. They played till 12 am. We didn't spend much time in the shows, so I can't comment. Sorry... hope this info helps.

Sounds like you had a great time. I did not have the same experience on the Victory.

Day 3: Wed. First port. The weather was fine. Third day in St. John we woke up and it was raining. We had booked ourselves on an 11:00 am one hour trolly ride (300$/person). We wanted to get a feel for the history/sights of the town and it was just enough. It had stopped raining by this time and I just needed a light sweatshirt. We got off the trolly at the indoor market and walked our way down towards the ship...shopping and stopping in little stores etc.

At about 2:00 we stopped for lunch at a restaurant across the street from the cruise terminal. Big sign says lobster but I can't remember the name. We had delicious chowder/ mussels etc. Should have had the lobsters. (but had lobster on ship night before yummy) They looked delicious. Wandered around the shops at the pier...bought Moosehead Brewery shirts for my kids (St. John home of Moosehead Brewery) back onto ship. Great day 3. More eating, drinking, dancing, gambling etc.

Day 4 Halifax beautiful view heading into Halifax harbor...lovely lighthouses etc. I had booked a private car 4 hr city/Peggy's cove tour by internet with Bob McClintock at www.tourbytaxi.com. He was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We were supposed to meet him at 9am but it took us almost 45 min to get of the ship...still, he was waiting! It was a wonderful, informative tour of this beautiful city. It was the Tall Ships festival so the city was bustling. My only regret was that I couldn't spend more time walking around. I will definitely go back to Halifax again. Last day we spent more time in the hazy sun...some people got burned to a crisp. My friends and I discovered the topless deck...above the track. No one was there so we dragged chairs over and were virtually alone in the sun. We were not topless but it was private, we could hear the music but no crowds. Think I'm done..ask any ??.

• 1 year later...
sounds like the band just might be one of the Philippino bands--"Music Society, Music Rhythm, Music Boardwalk"--- Do any of these sound familiar?

Hi gsb

I resurected an old thread because of Music Boardwalk. I just got off the Carnival Triumph in September and had a great cruise. The group on my cruise happened to be Music Boardwalk and they are fabulous. I would cruise with them again. Do you have any info. on them?? Being this was my first carival cruise; I don't much about the other groups you mentioned.

Archived