Lifou - New Caledonia

Creeky

Lifou - things to do for people not doing shore tours

Just a small video showing the location of - Jetty where P&O tender you to - Markets - Church on top of hill - snorkeling and swimming areas etc all within n a 20 min walk of the jetty

Click here >>

Peter & Cheryl

That is a fantastic video.. wow it looks so beautiful...

question.. will i need those water rock shoe things for lifou?? because it looked like normal sand in your video.. yet ive heard that they are coral beaches??

I'd take them with you Sarah. You have to walk down some wet, slippery steps to get to the water. I think you need all the extra grip you can get on them!

When we were in Lifou DH nicked his foot on some coral while we were snorkelling there and it took a long time to heal :(

That is a fantastic video.. wow it looks so beautiful...

question.. will i need those water rock shoe things for lifou?? because it looked like normal sand in your video.. yet ive heard that they are coral beaches??

Hi Sarah - yes i would wear some kind of reef shoe as some of the coral is very sharp (did see a few people cut their feet) and as MsMinx said the steps to the snorkeling area are very slippery - but it is a beautiful area

Peter & Cheryl

Creeky, do you have any more clips like this one? I'd LOVE to see them :D:D

Hi MsMinx - i will see what i can do over the next few days - i start back at work in about 1 hours time and have a bit of work to do around the house as we left our 24 year old son home while we were away and he did party a bit lol

Peter & Cheryl

I saw them on sale for $8.00 last week... hahaha they were 'wavezone' brand.. pretty poxy, but i guess they will do the job, ill pop in and get some this arvo.

Are they the dark blue ones with the black soles?

If so that's what I had :p $8 is a good price - might have to pop into Big W this week and see if they're still on special hehe!

Creeky - shame you have to go back to work so soon :( I can only imagine what the 24 y/o got up to while you were away LOL!;)

Hi Sarah,

We went to Lifou on our cruise recently. We did the snorkelling and it was fantastic. As everyone has said - definitely take reef shoes. I also wished I had an underwater camera as I saw some great fish. The coral was white (not as nice as the Barrier Reef) but some really colourful fish.

We also took our own snorkels which we bought quite cheaply (saved us heaps as they are $40 on the boat plus a deposit) and I took a $2 swim ring (yep - junk shop shopping again) just to float around on top of the coral on.

Hope you have a great time. I wish I was going with you.

Tanya

Archived