No kayaking while pregnant?

sprite

Hi all - I'm looking into kayaking at St. Lucia but the shore excursion says pregnant women aren't allowed. I can understand this if you're far along and your balance/maneuverability is in question but I'm only 13 weeks and far from showing. Kayaking, although I've never done it before, doesn't seem to be dangerous so should I still go? No one would ever now I was pregnant unless I told them, sooooo?

Thanks for the input!

Michelle

JMHO.... but since you asked????

Which is more important? A kayaking adventure or even the smallest risk of injuring your baby or yourself? These rules are made for a reason....even if just to eliminate liability.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and lots of luck. Do yourself and your baby a favor.....wait until after baby arrives to do those activities which specifically state you are ineligible to do.

Kayaking, although I've never done it before, doesn't seem to be dangerous so should I still go? No one would ever now I was pregnant unless I told them, sooooo?

I think you would find that Kayaking is much more strenuous than it looks. The 1st time I went on a short trip, without tides to fight - I was sore for 3 days. It's very intensive muscle use from your shoulders, all the way down into abdominal muscles and into your butt.

Personally - I wouldn't do it pregnant. Too much opportunity to pull something and injure yourself or the baby.

For the same reason you wouldn't go on rides at Disney while pregnant if the rides gave that warning, you wouldn't do kayaking while pregnant. I'm sure your baby will appreciate your sacrifice! :)

Kayaking does take a lot of effort and upper body strength, just so ya know.

Archived