Tell me about the Century Sky Suites

lookingforward

We booked an eastern cruise on the Century in April for my birthday. This will be the first cruise without the kids and I am very excited. We have a sky suite on the sports deck. Can anyone comment on the sky suites and the century sevice. We sailed on the Millenium and got upgraded to the Royal Suite which we loved. The balconys on the Millenium on deck 6 (royal suite) were lovely but not at all private. The balcony jutted out and the people on deck 7 were literally a few feet away (we actually had a lovely conversation with them while we ate our breakfast). The only part of the balcony that was covered was the jacuzzi. This was the only downside to the suite. The service was amazing. Do you think that sky suites get the same level of service?

I've never been in a Royal Suite, but I loved the Sky Suite we had. The deck is huge and 1/2 of it is under cover. There is a deck above you, but I didn't see very many people on it, and they didn't interfere with us. If you have an even number, Richard will be your butler, and he is really special. The staff on the Century are like no other staff on any of the other ships. They are really proud of their ship, like each other, like their jobs, and seem to take pride in whatever they are doing. They all smile and want to help you in any way they can. There is a thread "Tell me about the Century" where you can gain a wealth of knowledge about this ship. I will say that the Century is an older ship, and in some places shows her age, but to me it just gave her character. The staff kept her spotless.:D

Garry

Hi

We had SS 1208 on our honeymoon cruise in June and it was fab - balcony is massive and plenty of rrom to either sunbathe or chill outunder the shade. We faced port in just about all stops and our Butler Richard was fantastic.

If you have any questions -please ask!

Donna

x

We were in 1212, just down the hall. The table on the veranda is large so make sure you have breakfast out there. It's heavenly and Richard will serve you. There is quite a bit of storage space and we never felt crowded.

Garry

We are booked in Jan 05 in 1202. How long do you think Richard will be on The Century since we have heard so many good things about him? Does anyone know how often they change ships?

Thanks,

Patti

Of course, there are no guarantees that Richard will be your butler. And, having an even numbered cabin may not matter either. We were in cabin 1209 in Feb. and Richard was our butler. He was, indeed, fantastic!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the sky suite. The veranda is very large and wonderful - plenty of room for sitting in the sun or shade. And, as gkm said, be sure to start your day with breakfast on the veranda. That was one of Richard's suggestions and it helped to make our cruise truly wonderful.

Barb

I have met a new friend, Toni, on the boards who is also in a Sky Suite on Sports Deck. We are both looking forward to fund times on the Veranda and I am sure whoever the butler, it will be great. This is our first Celebrity of 6 cruises and I am very much looking forward to The Century.

Thanks for the great info. We will think of all of you while having breakfast on our Veranda.

Patti

My DH and I will be in a Sky Suite on Sports Deck of the Century this coming April as well ... will you be on the April 30th sailing?

I've been on the Mercury in a sky suite (last May to Alaska) -- it was wonderful! Had breakfast every morning in-suite - dinner one night, also. You select from the regular dining room menu, and it's served by the butler course-by-course. The T-pool is complimentary (non-suite pax are charged a fee). Lots of other terrific little perks.... this will be my husband's first cruise ever, so I look forward to introducing him to this great way of travel.

Congratulations to you on your upcoming birthday celebration and the opportunity to get away from the kids for a little while ... Celebrity is sure to make it a special treat for you both!

As Patti has said, we are both in Sky Suites on the Century next Jan 22 and it can't come soon enough.

Barb, we are also in 1209 and you have given so much information in your previous posts that I want to thank you.

Toni

We sailed in a sky suite this past May and Richard was our butler. Maybe it was us, but I didn't think Richard did much for us at all. He never offered his advice on substitutions for the canapes and never offered to serve us cappacuinos (sp?). We felt like we were asking too much when we asked him to serve pizzas in our suite. Frankly, we were disappointed with the butler service, but we are trying again in May 2005. Hopefully, we will have another butler.

Our cabin attendant was Saturnino and I felt he was much more helpful and friendly than Richard. As a matter of fact, he told us his wife was expecting a baby and we made sure to give him an extra tip which was designated for the "new baby".

We thought Richard was fab as a butler - he used to come in and chat to us at sailaway on the balcony. On formal night he took lots of pics for us to take home on our camera (he loved my husbands kilt!) and I think it was due to him that we got an invite to the captains table as it was our first cruise!!

cfk2439

I too had Richard as a butler, and I thought he was VERY good, but like you I didn't get other suggestions as to what substitutes there could be for canape's. And in reading your post it seems as if you are nice folks and thoughtful too by giving a little extra to the steward. So given I thought Richard was great and you are nice people I can only conclude that you (You and Richard) may have misread eachother.

On our first cruise we didn't find out until Wednesday that the dining room was open for breakfast AND lunch. We thought you had to do the buffet. Now that you know you can ask for something different, ask for it. I sure will when we go on our next cruise. Instead of canape's we'll ask for sushi.

I guess my point is that it's your $ and you should have a fabulous time, if you would like something then ask for it.

FastFreddie

Archived