Rangiroa Car Rental

onthegogirl

Try Rangi Rent a Car (96.03.28 or their cell at 20.17.89 or Arenahio 96.82.45 or 23.37.20 They have an e mail at carpom@mail.pf. Cars can be rented for 2 or 4 hour blocks. This is according to Jan Prince's latest guide book. We aren't going to rent on the island. When are you heading over there? We will be there in October and I'd be glad to check for you if there's updated info.

Just got back and I thought I would ask if you have a specific destination on Rangiroa in mind? There is only one road on a thin strip of land that goes about 10 miles. You can rent bikes and ride along the road, but not sure what renting a car will do for you or where it will take you. Just FYI. There is not much to Rangiroa. All you see is a strip of land in each direction, with ocean as far as the eye can see on each side. They were not kidding when they said it was the 2nd largest atoll in the world. You cant see the other side which is 20+ miles away.

I'm with you about the bike in that weather! It will be hot and muggy, and possibly windy. I'm very interested to hear if there is any snorkeling walking distance from the dock. But if there's some nice places that one could get to by car, I would be up for that too.

I'll do my best to report back as soon as I have computer access on the ship about the snorkeling and distances to the best spots. We'll be there nearly a week at the beginning of October and I'm sure the subject will come up. I know that the Kia Ora is supposed to have fabulous snorkeling, but again, won't know until we get there.

Was just looking at maps of Rangiroa. Kia Ora is way far away from the tender dock (at least I'm assuming so.) This is one immense atoll! So snorkeling at the other end of the atoll isn't really relevant if you're there on a cruise for the day.

Looks like, if you could rent a car, you could travel between the two little towns at least. Here's the map with other information:

http://www.thetahititraveler.com/islandguide/rangiroaintro.asp

Was just looking at maps of Rangiroa. Kia Ora is way far away from the tender dock (at least I'm assuming so.) This is one immense atoll! So snorkeling at the other end of the atoll isn't really relevant if you're there on a cruise for the day.

Looks like, if you could rent a car, you could travel between the two little towns at least. Here's the map with other information:

http://www.thetahititraveler.com/islandguide/rangiroaintro.asp

Thanks for the info. e-mailed the car rental but no reply yet.

Archived