Diamond Princess 11/27/04 Mexico

mkirch72

My partner David and I will be on the Diamond Princess on the November 27th cruise leaving out of Long Beach.

Anyone else joining us? Also, this is our first cruise on Princess. I'm curious how other gay couples feel about Princess and what their experience with them has been. And are they generally willing to allow FOD get togethers?

Thanks!

Mike

Princess - Diamond Princess - 11/04

RCCL - Nordic Empress - 3/04

Celebrity - Constellation - 11/03

Celebrity - Horizon - 3/03

Mike,

I will be on the cruise too. I hope that we can meet on board.

Actually, the cruise will depart from San Pedro (Los Angeles Port), not Long Beach.

I sailed on the Diamond last April and had a great time. Very friendly crew and passengers.

Send me some e-mail at hobie99@verizon.net.

I look forward to meeting you guys.

Hobie

• 1 month later...

Explorer:

Wow that's great news! Congratulations on getting confirmed on the 11-27 sailing. I really look forward to meeting you.

There is a big thread on the Princess Roll call page. The title is something like Cruisekaret II 11-27 or something like that. You shouldn't have a hard time finding it, since there are many posts every day and it is usually on the first page (over 4,200 posts). We are all planning on meeting in Skywalkers right after the muster drill.

I'm traveling on this cruise with my sister.

I see that you live in Palm Desert. I live in Long Beach but have 4 or 5 clients in the Palm Springs area so I'm out there quite a bit.

Look forward to meeting you and look forward to a fun cruise. If you want to send me some e-mail direct, I'm at hobie99@verizon.net

See you in 8 days!

Hobie

Hey Guys...

Have a great time.

My partner and I along with 5 other friends are on this same cruise but on the 12/29th sailing.

Please post after your trip on how it went and any pointers.

Thanks

Pete

Hi guys. Next week at this time we will be at sea!

Have you thought of shore excursions? In Puerto Vallarta I like to go to the blue chairs beach. It's a lot of fun.

In Mazatlan, I like to go horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horses. Here's a picture of me (try to figure out which one is me!) from April, 2004 when I was on the Diamond Princess.

47b4cf00b3127cceaa99329b751a0000002610

In Cabo San Lucas, I like to hire one of the small boats that takes you out to Los Arcos, then like to walk around the town, visiting the Gigling Marlin and Cabo Wabo.

I look forward to meeting you guys.

Hobie

Unfortunately we already booked the ATV adventure in Puerto Vallarta. I heard about the Blue Chair area but we had already booked the excursion.

Did you book your other exursions through Princess or are you doing it on your own when you get there?

Mike

Mike,

I booked Randy's Happy Horses directly with her online.

In Cabo, I'll hire one of the guys with a boat at the tender pier. The only reason I'll be doing this little excursion is to take my sister, Kathleen out to see Los Arcos close up. It's a pretty amazing sight close up. Plus, you get to see alot of seals, seal lions and pelicans. After our tour of Los Arcos, we'll probably just walk around town unless Kathleen wants to do something else. I like going to both Giggling Marlin (great shrimp cocktail) and Cabo Wabo (owned by Sammy Haggar).

The Blue Chairs beach is great. Always lots of guys and a real festive atmosphere. You get a beach chair, table and palapa for free and they serve drinks and really good food. Nice beach for swimming too. I like to walk around downtown and the Malecon (boardwalk in front of the beach) before heading back to the ship. There are many interesting sculptures by Sergio Bustamante on the Malecon. He is based in Guadalajara but has a big shop in Puerto Vallarta. I usually visit his shop too.

Here is a picture I took last April of some of his pieces.

47b4cf00b3127cceaa9b1297359e0000001610

You guys should head on down to the blue chairs beach after your ATV excursion. You should have some free time.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in less than one week!

Archived