Atlantis Submarine

joetop2467

We did this in Barbados several years ago. It's definitely something to experience once, but I wouldn't do it again. You go quite deep (as I recall it was over 100 feet). At that depth, there are no colors, so it wasn't as breathtaking as I expected. You do get a chance to see things you wouldn't otherwise. I don't know where the one off Aruba goes, but there is a ship wreck there that would be pretty cool to see. You might try to find out if that's included. Other than that, I don't think there would be too much difference between the two excursions. Have a great time! You'll get a certificate to show how deep you went, too.

We are going on the Celebrity Galaxy in January and want to go on the Atlantis submarine. It is available in Aruba and Barbados. Does anyone know why we should choose one over the other?

We did the one in Barbados. Had a great time. I, also don't know about the one in Aruba, but do not go if you are claustrophobic:eek:. Myself, I am scared to death of water, don't know how to swim, but loved it. I figured it was the only way for me to see what it is like under water:)

We did the Atlantis sub in Aruba about 6 years ago. Like the other poster said, it was cool and I'm glad I did it, but wouldn't do it again. I was likewise disappointed that they didn't have some external lights to light up the reef and stuff. We went to 150' and while it wasn't dark, most all of the colors were gone at that depth.

I'm guessing the trip is pretty much the same no matter which port you choose. One thing I liked about Aruba, you can easily walk from the pier to the dock that the sub tender departs from. I don't know how convenient the Atlantis operation in Barbados is to the ship, but Aruba was very easy. No bus ride or anything.

I don't know how convenient the Atlantis operation in Barbados is to the ship, but Aruba was very easy. No bus ride or anything.

As I recall, the submarine was right at the same dock as the cruise ship in Barbados, but it has been over ten years, so I'm not certain.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

we did the one in Aruba last week-- it was amazing/ had the best time.

Would do it again in second- as we thought it was worth every penny. The sub was only half full and I ended up sitting with the "driver" - i got a fantstic view/ a great running commentary and some outstanding pictures.

You get picked up just by the ships dock and have a lovely boat trip out to the dive site-the sub went down to the very bottom of the sea (140ft) where we saw some great wrecks and fantstic marine life.

Elaine

My husband & I dive and snorkel and we enjoyed the opportunity to see the shipwreck and reef life at this depth. This area is not open to dive/snorkel operators; so, it was worth the money to experience this. It is true that you lose reds, greens, and blues the deeper you go; but, we felt like it was worth the money. Afterwards, we walked over to Iguana Joe's had a drink and ate shrimp royale and enjoyed the atmosphere. We walked to the mall and got some italian ice cream (coconut - YUM! but very different textured from american ice cream), hopped the bus and went to Eagle Beach and enjoyed the beautiful sunset before heading back to the ship. It was a great port day for us. :)

Archived