water taxi to stone island

pne

You will have to take the tram from the ship to the entrance to the city. Continue through the building, past the vendors and taxi drivers, and walk out of the cruise pier area onto the city street. Turn left and walk along the concrete wall about three blocks. The street will make a right turn but you want to walk straight ahead, down a dirt road for about 50 yards (don't turn left, that's the Mexican Navy). Pay your $2 US per person round trip and keep your ticket for the return trip. When you get to the other side of the bay, walk straight ahead from the dock, over a berm and voila, Stone Island.

• 1 month later...
You will have to take the tram from the ship to the entrance to the city. Continue through the building, past the vendors and taxi drivers, and walk out of the cruise pier area onto the city street. Turn left and walk along the concrete wall about three blocks. The street will make a right turn but you want to walk straight ahead, down a dirt road for about 50 yards (don't turn left, that's the Mexican Navy). Pay your $2 US per person round trip and keep your ticket for the return trip. When you get to the other side of the bay, walk straight ahead from the dock, over a berm and voila, Stone Island.

We are very interested in going over to Stone Island on our own. Once over there, is it fairly easy to get around and find good places on the beach with umbrellas maybe? What about restaurants. Really want to go to Victors for shrimp. Thank you for taking the time to help us out!!

Pam

the places are all right next to each other along the beach- victor's is down at the end next to Lettys- don't let the walk on the street scare you off though, my husband didn't think I knew where I was going and thought we should not be walking that way- but it worked out

Yes my husband was the same way, he didn't think I knew where I was going. hahaha We went to Letty's and we loved it. I would recommend Letty's. The food was the best I have ever tasted in Mexico. We also road horses up the beach for a very small amount. Hope that you have fun!

Pam

• 2 weeks later...
the places are all right next to each other along the beach- victor's is down at the end next to Lettys- don't let the walk on the street scare you off though, my husband didn't think I knew where I was going and thought we should not be walking that way- but it worked out

Thank you...ready to go now! Looks like we will have to eat at Victor's and Lettys! lol!

• 5 months later...

Cruise ships dock at the pier marked 'Cruise Terminal', but, since Mazatlan is a working cargo port, you must take a free tram to the area marked 'Cruise Terminal Passenger Exit/Entry'. Go through the terminal, through the vendors, and to the street and turn left.

This is an old thread but hoping someone will respond to it. The map is wonderful but which dock are the ships at on the map? I am so bad with directions. Anyone out there ???

Cruise ships dock in the area where the map says Zona Naval, Cruise ships and Ferry Docks. just a about where the word docks is. You did notice the little boxes where the water taxi leaves from and goes to? If you roll across them, you'll see a note identifying the sites. Don

I was just there last week, and the water taxi dock is being repaired, so they took me about 100 yards up the channel to another dock. When you get off at Stone Island, you can walk down the road that goes behind the restaurants and cut through to the beach almost anywhere beside one of the restaurants.

I was just there last week, and the water taxi dock is being repaired, so they took me about 100 yards up the channel to another dock. When you get off at Stone Island, you can walk down the road that goes behind the restaurants and cut through to the beach almost anywhere beside one of the restaurants.

Thanks for posting this informtion !! :)

does anybody have price examples for the food and/or activities? Is it really worth it to pay $36 per person for a tour just to get lunch and 2 activities? The kids would love it but I think it's a bit much considering the water taxi is only $2. What am I missing? :confused:

does anybody have price examples for the food and/or activities? Is it really worth it to pay $36 per person for a tour just to get lunch and 2 activities? The kids would love it but I think it's a bit much considering the water taxi is only $2. What am I missing? :confused:

I don't think it is worth it to take a tour since it is so easy to get there on your own and for only $2. If you want just buy food, drink and activities on your own.

Is that through your cruise line or private? We booked privately for $35 and got the activities which we didnt use, a mediocre lunch and open bar where they must not have used alcohol because we had like 10 drinks each and felt absolutely nothing. Then our catamaran ditched us 90 minutes early and we were forced to pay to take the water taxi back. That actually worked out cuz it dropped us off right near a restaurant where I had the best shrimp EVER!

Two weeks ago -

water taxi - $2.00 round trip

banana boat ride - $6.00 each. fun, fun, fun!

shrimp platter at Victors - $13.00 yum!

ice cold beer at Victors - $1.50 each

chips and salsa free at Victors

We could have gone horseback riding, rented a kayak, had a massage. The water was clean and warm. The beach was sandy and pretty.

We had a great day!

Archived