Deck 7 ??

We booked deck 7 D1 awhile ago now deck 8,10 and 11 have opened up same location I want (starboard). Do you think I should move to deck 8 to be able to walk right out to Central Park? Or would deck 10 or 11 be better as we do like the pool but guess would have to take elevator from any of those decks. Would the life boats be an issue on deck 7 ? :confused: :confused:

We LOVED being on deck 8!!! :) It was wonderful to have the convenience of CP right out our door (we were just steps from the elevator/stairs). Deck 7 would be my least favorite of the options you gave, only because you cannot cross from starboard to port side unless you go up or down one level, cross over, then go back to deck 7. Not a major hassle, but not optimum.

Change the cabin, if you can. ;)

I was on deck 9. I pretty much walked everywhere; so, deck 8 and central park was one deck down. pool, windjammer, solarium were three deck up. no big deal. Boardwalk is on deck 6, so u are between both central park and boardwalk;

We LOVED being on deck 8!!! :) It was wonderful to have the convenience of CP right out our door (we were just steps from the elevator/stairs). Deck 7 would be my least favorite of the options you gave, only because you cannot cross from starboard to port side unless you go up or down one level, cross over, then go back to deck 7. Not a major hassle, but not optimum.

Change the cabin, if you can. ;)

Not sure what you mean about not being able to cross over from SB to port :confused:

Not sure what you mean about not being able to cross over from SB to port :confused:

There is no walkway between the two sides (starboard and port) of the ship. I wish I took a picture, but I forgot. :(

The only way I would think of it being a hassle is if you had mobility issues (wheel chair, walker, stroller, etc.). If you found yourself on the wrong side (NOT END - you can still walk forward to aft and vice versa), then you'd have to take the elevator up/down a level, walk over to the opposite side, then take the elevator back to deck 7.

Does that make sense, or have I just confused the issue? :confused: :p

There is no walkway between the two sides (starboard and port) of the ship. I wish I took a picture, but I forgot. :(

The only way I would think of it being a hassle is if you had mobility issues (wheel chair, walker, stroller, etc.). If you found yourself on the wrong side (NOT END - you can still walk forward to aft and vice versa), then you'd have to take the elevator up/down a level, walk over to the opposite side, then take the elevator back to deck 7.

Does that make sense, or have I just confused the issue? :confused: :p

Well I'm confused but it doesn't really matter...I'm always confused lol ;) One question though - which end of the ship are you saying has no walkway from side to side? :confused: Our cabin was by the forward elevators and we were able to go port to sb, so I'm guessing you mean by the aft elevators?

I was confused too. Not sure you can access the link below but it shows Deck 7.

QTMichele based on what I see there are two access points to get from starboard to port. Its not as if you cannot get from one side to the other on the entire deck. I am booked on Deck 7 and see no major issues.

http://deckplangenius.com/AllureoftheSeas/Deck7.aspx

I have not been on Allure yet, but we are booked in a D8 on Deck 7 starboard, near the forward elevators. It is my understanding that one may cross from port side to starboard side or vice versa at the forward stairwell; it is only at the aft stairwell that there is no crossover due to the Boardwalk sign being there.

What I'm wondering is, why would you need to, unless perhaps you were visiting passengers on the opposite side of that same deck?

As for the lifeboats, they are on Deck 5, and it's been reported that there are no obstruction issues even from the Deck 6 balconies. Might they be visible from a Deck 7 balcony? Possibly, but it's my impression that you'd really have to be looking for them.

We were on the Allure Deck 7 last week. You CAN cross from port to starboard on Deck 7- both fore and midships, by the elevators. Deck 7 is very quiet as there are only staterooms on that deck.

QTMichele based on what I see there are two access points to get from starboard to port. Its not as if you cannot get from one side to the other on the entire deck. I am booked on Deck 7 and see no major issues.

Breezy, thanks for this link; never seen it before; but just bookmarked it. I am on Freedom in Dec; this will come in handy; wish I would have seen this link when I Sailed allure in jan. Oh well thanks.

Breezy, thanks for this link; never seen it before; but just bookmarked it. I am on Freedom in Dec; this will come in handy; wish I would have seen this link when I Sailed allure in jan. Oh well thanks.[/QUOTY

You are welcome! Its pretty awesome for cruise planning. I found it by accident when I was trying to choose cabins for a cruise at the end of year on the Celebrity Century. It came in really handy when my TA told me what cabins were left on the Allure as we only booked about 2 months ago. It's incredible when you google what you can find.

It appears that you can based on the deck plan, but there was no path on the aft/mid section of the ship on deck 7 - there was a wall.

I have not been on Allure yet, but we are booked in a D8 on Deck 7 starboard, near the forward elevators. It is my understanding that one may cross from port side to starboard side or vice versa at the forward stairwell; it is only at the aft stairwell that there is no crossover due to the Boardwalk sign being there.

What I'm wondering is, why would you need to, unless perhaps you were visiting passengers on the opposite side of that same deck?

As for the lifeboats, they are on Deck 5, and it's been reported that there are no obstruction issues even from the Deck 6 balconies. Might they be visible from a Deck 7 balcony? Possibly, but it's my impression that you'd really have to be looking for them.

This is what I thought too about the Boardwalk sign. Before our cruise, I didn't understand why you couldn't cross over. Once onboard, the lightbulb moment happened. ;)

As for crossing over, it can be easy for people to forget which side they're on and accidentally go on the wrong side (or, as our case was ONE time, we went to the wrong END! DUH! LOL).

We were on the Allure Deck 7 last week. You CAN cross from port to starboard on Deck 7- both fore and midships, by the elevators. Deck 7 is very quiet as there are only staterooms on that deck.

Okay, now I am very confused because I saw a wall where the boardwalk sign is located and could not cross over from port to starboard. What did I miss? :confused: In fairness, I don't recall going to the forward elevators/stairs on deck 7 - I assume it does cross over there?

Okay, now I am very confused because I saw a wall where the boardwalk sign is located and could not cross over from port to starboard. What did I miss? :confused: In fairness, I don't recall going to the forward elevators/stairs on deck 7 - I assume it does cross over there?

Yes it definitely does cross over by the forward elevators. :D

Breezy, thanks for this link; never seen it before; but just bookmarked it. I am on Freedom in Dec; this will come in handy; wish I would have seen this link when I Sailed allure in jan. Oh well thanks.

This link is very misleading in that no matter which Allure cabin you click on (to get a picture of THAT cabin), the pictures are all the same...with the bed next to the balcony. In reality, the position of the bed in relationship to the balcony or the closet alternates from cabin to cabin.

This link is very misleading in that no matter which Allure cabin you click on (to get a picture of THAT cabin), the pictures are all the same...with the bed next to the balcony. In reality, the position of the bed in relationship to the balcony or the closet alternates from cabin to cabin.

I was just sharing the deck plans as that was the question. The link is called "Deck Plan Genius".

We just returned from the Allure and were in 7682( which is located more towards the rear) we loved being there, it was centrally located the only thing is if we went to the front of the ship it was important to use the correct elevators for our side of the ship to return back to our cabin.(our elevators were yellow or green you can tell by the circle around the number by the elevator). If we were coming back from the theater we would go to deck 5 and walk towards the back of the ship to the elevators back there so we didn't have to walk by all the cabins on deck 7. Also during dinner time all the elevators coming down were full so we started riding them up to go down to the main dinning room.

I was on Oasis last summer and stayed on the 7th deck forward. each end of the ship (forward and aft) have 2 sets of elevator banks (one on the port side and one on the starboard side) and are connected by a hallway. The 7th deck aft elevator banks have the Boardwalk sign which requires that hallway to be cutoff from walking from starboard to port or vice versa. so if you get on the elevator on the port side aft but need to be starboard aft you should get off one floor before and take the stairs. If you don't want to do this just make sure you get on the correct elevator bank. The forward elevators do not have this issue. and btw it really isn't that big of a deal. I would stay on the 7th again.

VegasVic, I think Breezy's weblink shows cabins in general, and not a specific cabin. If u want to see what an inside cabin looks like u can; it doesn't mean it will be the exact same cabin as yours. Does this make sense?

We just returned from the Allure and were in 7682( which is located more towards the rear) we loved being there, it was centrally located the only thing is if we went to the front of the ship it was important to use the correct elevators for our side of the ship to return back to our cabin.

Great to hear. We'll be in 7680 i July.

Did you have the bed by the closet?

If I counted right your cabin should have the bed by the closet and our cabin 7680 should have it by the balcony. Is that right?

Archived