Santiago Hotel Accomodations

bdruzin

Hubby and I are interested in a hotel close to main attractions, restaurants and transport. Your recommendations and why you recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Hubby and I are interested in a hotel close to main attractions, restaurants and transport. Your recommendations and why you recommend would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the Marriott. It was next to a big shopping mall and grocery supermarket. There was plenty of transportation/tour buses stopping here. Great location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Intercontinental - close to transit, parks, plenty of restaurants nearby and a huge shopping center nearby in the base of the tallest building in South America. Worked well for us.

Radisson Plaza Santiago. Here is my review http://*******.com/ohf543u

The hotel has a great location. Just across the street, is a large shopping mall. Visit the Jumbo store for snacks and good Chilean wine before your cruise.

If the link doesn't work, here is my review from Tripadvisor:

“Five Star Customer Service, but Not A Five Star Price Tag”

In selecting a hotel in any city, different people have different needs and priorities. But I think we can all agree that customer service is very important. That is where the Radisson Plaza Santiago excels. There might be a tendency to view a large international chain hotel as a cookie cutter copy of all the others. That is certainly not true of this particular property. At every level of hotel staff, from General Manager, Camilo Navas, to Juan in The Brick restaurant and Jose in the front lobby, they all seem to be genuinely interested in your welfare and are dedicated to making sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible. Although they are in the hospitality business, there is nothing insincere about their willingness to help you in any way possible. It’s not painted on – it’s genuine. I have never been compelled to write similar sentiments about any other hotel before, but the Radisson Plaza Santiago is such a refreshing standout. If five-star customer service without a five-star price tag is important to you, this may be the place for you.

Edited by Orlando Vic

Stay at the Aubrey. I researched them all and the Aubrey will be your best bet. The concierge and the front desk have both been in contact with me for transportation and events. And the beat part is I don't cruise until December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app