Specialty Dining Reservations

ccndfw

We are sailing on the Ruby Princess in a few weeks and I’m trying to make dinner reservations. I’m curious, if I make a reservation to Share or Crown Grill for a certain day and time and then decide we want to change it once we are on board, can we do that even though we have pre-paid? Is it possible to cancel and get a refund if we just change our mind altogether? Also it’s currently showing that Crown Grill is sold out for one of the nights I wanted to make a reservation... do they only allow a certain amount of online reservations? Or if it is showing sold out, does that mean it really is fully booked? I know on NCL, we were told they only allowed 30% of their bookings to be made online and the rest had to be made on board.

They definitely hold a couple tables for each time slot each night for onboard reservations. I went to change mine at Sabatini's on Golden Princess and saw the reservation book: every time slot sure appeared to have the same number of pre-cruise reservations and thus the same number of remaining openings.

But if you were trying to make a reservation for embarkation day, those slots are reserved for Full Suite passengers. You can still inquire after your board.

As mentioned above if you pre-pay a reservation you certainly can change the day if available. If you cancel the refund will be an OBC to each person named in the reservation no matter how (and by who) the advance payment was made.

When can you book as only sabatinis is available for booking so far... maybe that will be it till we get on board in 111 days for 38 lovely nights.

Which ship? I see in your signature you have upcoming cruises on Sapphire Princess, for which Sterling Steakhouse cannot be reserved until your board (being that it is a pop-up in the buffet). So just Sabatini's will show in your Cruise Personalizer.

• 3 weeks later...