Spirit Class 4k interior/obstructed view question

jsteinberg

I am looking to book a cruise on the Miracle for next March. I am interested in these obstructed view 4K cabins with the french doors. I have seen pictures of these cabins, and some have literally no view, with just a lifeboat right outside the doors. There are some that are in between the lifeboats where you can actually see the water and have somewhat of a view. Has anyone stayed in these? More importantly, does anyone know any specific cabins that have the "view" in between life boats? I think i am going to book early saver and want to lock down the exact cabin I want while availability is good...

Good and bad pictures below

4a-2.jpg

4a.jpg

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

We are on the Spirit in a 4K in September. We have 4140 it is between the lifeboats. Looking at the deck plan cabins 4122,4123,4140,4141,4148,4149,4196,4197,4203 are all between the lifeboats.:D

are we sure the french doors in ALL of those cabins are on the side of the cabin between the lifeboats? are these for sure or just a best guess scanario...

Had 4141 on the Legend and it was between the lifeboats and had a decent view.

We als had the cabin beside it 4143 and it was between the orange lifeboats.

We found the location very quiet too.

Had 4141 on the Legend and it was between the lifeboats and had a decent view.

We als had the cabin beside it 4143 and it was between the orange lifeboats.

We found the location very quiet too.

Sorry it won't let me edit. I meant to say 4143 was INFRONT of the orange lifeboats.

The french doors on 4143 opened up to see just orange, but you did get natural (orange cast) light, could look down and catch a glimpse of the water and also benefit from the layout of a balcony room (sofa area etc.)

are we sure the french doors in ALL of those cabins are on the side of the cabin between the lifeboats? are these for sure or just a best guess scanario...

These cabin #'s were given to me by OP who have been on the Spirit class ships and had this cabin class. Plus I looked at the deck plans and looked for myself just to be sure.

Those cabin numbers are good. Cruised on the Spirit in December, 4k cabin 4149, had the identical view as in the OP's first pic above. Centrally located, huge space, very quiet, plenty of sun and fresh air, tho we kept the doors closed due to outside heat.

Just keep in mind the view is only what's directly in between the boats, like the above, whereas an oceanview offers a more panoramic visual. Even so, at inside category pricing with the least expensive oceanview cabins priced $200 more, it was definitely an excellent choice and we'd book it again in a heartbeat. Good Luck and Safe Travels!

• 2 months later...
We are on the Spirit in a 4K in September. We have 4140 it is between the lifeboats. Looking at the deck plan cabins 4122,4123,4140,4141,4148,4149,4196,4197,4203 are all between the lifeboats.:D

Aussie2324,

We are booked in stateroom #4140 on the Spirit next February and I would love to hear back from you or see pics of the room!

Have a great cruise!!!

What is the price difference? We recently have "downgraded" from aft wrap balcony cabin to extended balcony "regular cabin." If it "comes to it" might have to get a 4K or not cruise. Only thing I will NOT do is book an interior. :(

Just a warning, I think that room 4203, listed by a poster as one that is between lifeboats, is one of the rooms with a picture window and not the French doors. I don't know that for sure. I've seen it before, which of the rooms are like that, but I can't seem to find it now. Carnival seems to be hiding that info from me now, but I think I remember it being 4 rooms that are like that, and I think it was the 4 that are furthest back, including 4203.

We'll be in a 4K with French doors next year and are really looking forward to it.

What is the price difference? We recently have "downgraded" from aft wrap balcony cabin to extended balcony "regular cabin." If it "comes to it" might have to get a 4K or not cruise. Only thing I will NOT do is book an interior. :(

Karen, most of us from the roll call were in the 4K's.. we all LOVED them. If you do end up having to do it, my room had a clear view between lifeboats, 4141.. it was a great room, location was good, I'd book it again without hesitation. I called for prices on them about a week ago, I didn't check the week you booked, we were looking into May 30th and that week it was $934.18pp for the 4K. I may have posted pics of our room on the roll call.. I'll check and if I didn't I'll put them up either here or there for you when I get home! :)

Ehh.. I just checked the prices online and they seem to have dropped a LOT since I called last week so my numbers are off. Here's to hoping RCL will do the same and start dropping their prices for the cruise we are booking! :cool:

I did post the pics.. here's the link so you don't need to go searching for them! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24450759&postcount=477

Aussie2324,

We are booked in stateroom #4140 on the Spirit next February and I would love to hear back from you or see pics of the room!

Have a great cruise!!!

Hi luvcdays,

Check out amongthestars pics of their 4k stateroom. It is directly opposite 4140 so the view is the same.;)

I love these rooms. If you do a search on webshots or other picture websites, you can also look for 5A, 4F and 4K classifications cuz CCL keeps recategorizing them. My last cabin like this was booked as a 5A and they recategorized to a 4F before I departed.

My first one was a 5A on the Pride. If you look at a deck plan it is easy to see which ones are between lifeboats. Typically, 2 cabins between each lifeboat will have the view you want. I would pick these rooms any day over a regular ocean view. I like feeling the breeze, feeling the temp outside, fresh air and ocean sounds......ah refreshing. Liked it so much I booked another one on the Spirit this October. I also booked this as a 4F and now it is a 4K. :rolleyes:

These were pics of my cabin and what it looks like looking from the railing at the doorway cabin 4194.

2152593730040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2930857000040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2801789960040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

2883111260040669306S600x600Q85.jpg

Did I mess up?

I booked 4138 because it LOOKS on the deck plan that it is between the lifeboats.

If anyone knows, please let me know, it's not too late to change rooms for my cruise next May.

Thank you

4138 will be blocked 4139 next to us was completely behind a lifeboat, they may have been able to see out on an angle, but the break in boats was right in front of our doors.. 4140 will be a clear view, same as the pics I posted, just the opposite side of the ship!

We were in cabin 4202 a handicap cabin and it has the window not the french doors that open .Both the handicap rooms have windows and are the last ones on the deck. Was told it had french doors but did not.

Have a great cruise

Those cabin numbers are good. Cruised on the Spirit in December, 4k cabin 4149, had the identical view as in the OP's first pic above. Centrally located, huge space, very quiet, plenty of sun and fresh air, tho we kept the doors closed due to outside heat.

Thanks for the info that is the same cabin I will be on in October!!!:)

• 6 months later...
If the bed wasn't in the way, the door could be opened all the way. But it hit the edge of the bed so we never got to open very far.

Just move the bed a little bit, and it can be opened all the way on both sides. Great for a Caribbean cruise, but not so great on an Alaska cruise.

Loved this catagory 4K. Always get this when I go with friends (when available) when I go with DH, it is an aft wrap, he is so spoiled. We have a Vista Suite for our Alaska trip in May. There are a whole bunch of people going with us, so I thought we will be doing a lot of entertaining.

I just love cruising and am not too particular which cabin it is.

Archived