Sign and Sail Card ????

What do you have to do to activiate it???

Do you have to have it activated to use it the first day or can or go to the desk on the second day of cruise and activate it to avoid the crowded lines..

In your docs you will get an S&S application... you put your credit card information and once you check in, it is activated and done... if you are using cash, you will need to go to the pursers desk once onboard and put down a deposit... you need this to buy anything on the ship, drinks, etc.. also they will apply the tips to this before anything else.

... if you are using cash, you will need to go to the pursers desk once onboard and put down a deposit... you need this to buy anything on the ship, drinks, etc.. also they will apply the tips to this before anything else.

You can put cash down any time within the first 24 hours. You will be able to use the card the first night too. We visited the pursers desk late the first day onboard but were able to use it at dinner.

The one time we put cash down on our card, we forgot to do it once onboard, went to put our things in the cabin and went to get a drink... they said we had to activate it at the pursers desk.... because we had not put down a deposit... duh, we completely forgot. So maybe it is different on different ships... or maybe they changed it, this was 2 years ago... so it might be different and they are more trusting now :D They had told us we had 24 hours to do it, but could not make any purchases before we did...

Okay, I'm blonde. I just want to make sure that I understand that I can't make a deposit in cash towards my card when I check in. I have to check in, go on board, and then go put cash down on my card at the pursers desk???

Thanks for helping the blonde! Haha!!!

Kim

Okay, I'm blonde. I just want to make sure that I understand that I can't make a deposit in cash towards my card when I check in. I have to check in, go on board, and then go put cash down on my card at the pursers desk???

Kim

Yup, that's it! The length of your cruise determines your cash deposit... but I think for 7 day it is $200-$250 pp

Kim

I called Carnival on 4/12/05 to ask the same question and they told me that I will be putting cash on my SS card at Check-in, not at the pursers desk. I asked about the New York pier, maybe it is different at other piers, or maybe the Rep. I spoke to had no clue.

Lately, I tend to believe the people on cruise critic compared to the Carnival reps. :p :p

I called Carnival on 4/12/05 to ask the same question and they told me that I will be putting cash on my SS card at Check-in, not at the pursers desk. I asked about the New York pier, maybe it is different at other piers, or maybe the Rep. I spoke to had no clue.

Lately, I tend to believe the people on cruise critic compared to the Carnival reps. :p :p

To be honest, the rep you spoke with has probably never been on a cruise and does not realize that the check in procedure is done in the terminal, not on the ship... I can't imagine them setting up your account in the terminal and then having to transfer everything to the ship... that would seem chaotic. The ships I have been on, everything is handled at the pursers desk.

Archived