cove balcony

spoiledkraut

Hopefully the Magic will feel a bit more sea worthy than the Dream. We sailed in May and just hit some swells (No major storm) the morning after Nassau headed fro St. Thomas. The ship creaked and rocked (lots motion sickness - but the crew put out bags by all the elevators) and sounded terrible.

I peeked in a Cove and it was so nice! I can't wait to have one!

We will sail the Magic at some point - only about a 12 hour drive to Galveston.

Hopefully the Magic will feel a bit more sea worthy than the Dream. We sailed in May and just hit some swells (No major storm) the morning after Nassau headed fro St. Thomas. The ship creaked and rocked (lots motion sickness - but the crew put out bags by all the elevators) and sounded terrible.

I peeked in a Cove and it was so nice! I can't wait to have one!

We will sail the Magic at some point - only about a 12 hour drive to Galveston.

I was on the Dream for some of the worst weather she's encountered... 30 foot seas and 96 knot winds... and I can assure you she's seaworthy...

:)

i am also booked with a cove but on the dream on 10-2-10 i found this site with great pics of the coves(they will be the same on the magic as they are on the dream)

www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/.../coveBalcony.htm

This is the link you tried to post:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/01Civitavecchia/coveBalcony.htm

This is the mo' bettah one:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/coveDummies.htm

Only Carnival Dream for now. Carnival Magic will also have them next year and Carnival Breeze the year after that. :)

Ahh, I haven't booked on the right ship yet then:D

Thanks for the reply!

Any balcony is great as far as I'm concerned, but I must be missing something. The room looks about the same and so does the balcony except that there may be a little more privacy. Please tell me the special part, not trying to be :rolleyes:, just really want to know.

The special part(s) are 1)..You are so close to the sea you feel as if you could reach out and touch it. You can listen to it while cruising at night with no "ship noise" and......... 2)...They are cheaper than all the other balcony's:).

Any balcony is great as far as I'm concerned, but I must be missing something. The room looks about the same and so does the balcony except that there may be a little more privacy. Please tell me the special part, not trying to be :rolleyes:, just really want to know.

The cove balcony's are only available on the Dream and the Magic and they are located on the Main deck. I have been reading a lot of great reviews on them. A lot of passengers like these because they are more private and closer to the water.

The special part(s) are 1)..You are so close to the sea you feel as if you could reach out and touch it. You can listen to it while cruising at night with no "ship noise" and......... 2)...They are cheaper than all the other balcony's:).

Okay, I think I'm getting it now. Thanks, both 1 & 2 sound great. I'm an aft person myself, but these sound good.

The cove balcony's are only available on the Dream and the Magic and they are located on the Main deck. I have been reading a lot of great reviews on them. A lot of passengers like these because they are more private and closer to the water.

Thanks for the input.:)

To the Original Poster:

Book the Cove Balcony. IMO it is much better than a regular balcony because you are closer to the water and you don't have to look down on life boats and other decks, you look down at the water. Plus, they are more "private" due to the metal enclosure.

I was on the Dream in late March and the cove was the best room I have ever been in and it was cheap too!

To the Original Poster:

Book the Cove Balcony. IMO it is much better than a regular balcony because you are closer to the water and you don't have to look down on life boats and other decks, you look down at the water. Plus, they are more "private" due to the metal enclosure.

I was on the Dream in late March and the cove was the best room I have ever been in and it was cheap too!

We did book the cove balcony and we can't wait!

Archived