Luggage Valet Service

H2OH!

I had questions about the service that you answered perfectly. We'll be on the Connie in April, but unfortunately, our flight is at 11:05 AM, just a little too early to take advantage of it.

Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll tweak the departure time by then....(well, we can hope anyway)...:rolleyes:

Looks like we'll just have to be in the first group to debark and do it ourselves...:(

Thanks again,

Lynn

All,

We just used the luggage valet service during our latest voyage on Solstice. It was fantastic! No fighting for your luggage and hauling though customs. I will use whenever we can! :D

I hope the attachment is attached??!!:rolleyes:

I had heard that Celebrity had quit using this service. Someone I know of sailed on the Millie in November and the was told that they had quit offering the service because they were having too much trouble with it.

Does anyone know if it's just certain ships or ports that this is being offered at?

All,

We just used the luggage valet service during our latest voyage on Solstice. It was fantastic! No fighting for your luggage and hauling though customs. I will use whenever we can! :D

I hope the attachment is attached??!!:rolleyes:

So is this service not available out of San Juan?

So is this service not available out of San Juan?

I had attached the paperwork I received while on Solstice which services FLL and Miami ariport. I am sure the paperwork for SJU would be just for that airport.

According to Celebrity website it looks like San Juan is still included...if the webist is up to date.

Luggage Valet

Luggage Valet is a service we offer to help make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. The last evening onboard, you can receive your airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. The next morning, simply place your checked bags outside your door. We’ll take care of the rest. From our ship, to the airport, to your home – your luggage will be taken care of. And you won’t wait in line at the airport for your boarding passes, because you’ll already have them. Hassle-free travel. Designed for You.

This service is available in select ports and with select airlines only. Ports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Seward and Vancouver. Airlines: Air Canada, Air Tran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest Airlines, United and US Airways. Airline participation varies by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

San Jaun is the only port that has canceled the luggage service. They were having problems with losing passangers luggage. This was back in October, so I'm not sure if Celebrity has found new people do do this service. Maybe someone recently off the Summit or Millinnium could chime in.

Rollie

I posted this on another thread, then found this one...

We sail Eclipse Jan 8, and have a very early return flight 10:15. I think I read that you can't do valet with an early flight, does that sound right? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to go ahead and get your boarding pass the last day even if you don't use valet? Our other option is to self disembark, though it is going to be very cumbersome and I don't know how we will manage it. In the past, we have been able to leave the ship fairly early and still find our luggage right away and still make it to the airport in time. Am I missing something?

I posted this on another thread, then found this one...

We sail Eclipse Jan 8, and have a very early return flight 10:15. I think I read that you can't do valet with an early flight, does that sound right? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to go ahead and get your boarding pass the last day even if you don't use valet? Our other option is to self disembark, though it is going to be very cumbersome and I don't know how we will manage it. In the past, we have been able to leave the ship fairly early and still find our luggage right away and still make it to the airport in time. Am I missing something?

Every time we've used luggage valet there has been a requirement that your flight be after a certain time - usually something like 11:30 to 12:30 depending on the port. The PDF attachment to the first post above indicates flights must be later than 11:30 for FLL and later than 2PM for Miami. I presume this is because of time needed for the vendor to collect, transport, sort and check-in hundreds of peices of luggage.

I've read many posts recently of problems, especially for the Eclipse, with late, delayed and slow dispembarkation at FLL mostly due to customs & immigration staffing. I don't know what the current status is on this but if I had a 10:30 flight I'd have a backup plan - perhaps a one way refundable ticket on a discount airline.

The only way to get a boarding pass on the ship if you are not using the luggage valet system is if you are able to use the computers and printer in the internet cafe to do online check-in and print your boarding pass. We've done this but as usual the comptuer connection in the internet cafe is slow and unreliable.

Does anyone know how it works if you are elite with an airline and don't have to pay for checked bags? Does the ship still charge you and then you have to try and get it refunded later? Thanks, Kim

I'd read messages about people getting charges for the baggage when they shouldn't so the last time we luggage valet (last March in San Juan) I specifically asked about this when turning my form in as we had status on our airline at the time. They asked me to supply my information on the top of the form and said they would confirm it. We were not charged the fees.

Archived