Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

quick question:

When does Conquest require passengers to reboard at the PORTS?

I am remembering 30 minutes prior to sailing? :confused:it has been a year since I have been on Carnival. Thanks!

If I remember correctly it was an hour prior to sailing but of course you will have stragglers coming in at the last moment.

If I remember correctly it was an hour prior to sailing but of course you will have stragglers coming in at the last moment.

I finally dug through my stuff and found old capers from last thanksgiving 2007:o, and it says 30 minutes, hope this is still right, I like having more time on the island......thanks!

Edited by 232271

What ages can go to the Supper Club on the Conquest?

I wasn't aware of any age limits in the supper club. When we ate there my 20 month old went with us. However now that she is 3, I would definitely not take her again until she was older. Mainly because dinner at the supper club is more subdued, quiet, will last longer than eating in main dining and most people dining there probably want more of a kid free romantic dinner. Also, with the extra price tag, it would certainly be money wasted for most kids.

I guess i thought it was adult only.....do you know what the per person price is as of now? thanks!:)

Per person price is $30......

Another question, when we went on the Conquest last February, you could carry on 12 packs of cokes etc. Can you still do that now????

Since we can bring 1 bottle of wine per person on the ship with us. I wanted to pick-up the wine locally rather than schlep it from NY.

So, I looked up liquor stores near the port and every one that I have called so far seems to be gone - no answer or, non-working number.

Does anyone know of any open liquor stores near the port?? If so, can you supply the name and phone number??

Thank you so much.

Lynder

I read somewhere that it is possible to purchase credit toward a future cruise while on board the ship; any infomation about this? My husband and I will be on the Conquest March 22, 2009.

Yes they sell them on the Conquest. You pay $100 and it is applied to a later cruise along with an OBC.

Since we can bring 1 bottle of wine per person on the ship with us. I wanted to pick-up the wine locally rather than schlep it from NY.

So, I looked up liquor stores near the port and every one that I have called so far seems to be gone - no answer or, non-working number.

Does anyone know of any open liquor stores near the port?? If so, can you supply the name and phone number??

Thank you so much.

Lynder

It will be easier to schlep it.

Thank you so much.

Lynder

I don't know what liquor stores are near the port, but you can buy wine in most grocery stores (but not before noon on Sundays). If you are coming into Houston before Sunday, I would suggest stopping at a grocery store along the way, or look for a Spec's liquor store (http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf?body=/cgi-bin/locate). They usually have great selection.

I don't know what liquor stores are near the port, but you can buy wine in most grocery stores (but not before noon on Sundays). If you are coming into Houston before Sunday, I would suggest stopping at a grocery store along the way, or look for a Spec's liquor store (http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf?body=/cgi-bin/locate). They usually have great selection.

Maybe the stores are still in the red zone and haven't been allowed to rebuild yet, but most certainly will be in operation before our cruise. Try googleing pinkies. Or better yet, wait a few months. We still have a couple of entire seasons to get through before this really becomes a concern. Tally ho!

6461 is located above the Degas lounge. Fortunately the band stand and dance floor are on the opposite side of the room. Hopefully noise won't be a problem. Other than that you will like this location for all but events in the Toulouse-Lautrec.

Happy Cruising! :)

6461 is located above the Degas lounge. Fortunately the band stand and dance floor are on the opposite side of the room. Hopefully noise won't be a problem. Other than that you will like this location for all but events in the Toulouse-Lautrec.

Happy Cruising! :)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was a little concerned about being over the lounge, but now I'm not worried about the sound as much since the band stand is not right under the room.