not able to book beverage package

MarkusToe

Hi folks

I've a booking for April 2016 - Transpacific

I'd like to add the classic or Prem drink package on this booking, but it's not possible

Webpage state: no exchange rate loaded - no booking possible

X germany stated on the phone: we do not have pricing for that....

Any idea? - will X delete drink packages?

You might want to wait awhile as the packages can be added right up to shortly before you sail and on board as well. Who knows, perhaps between now and then they'll have a promo that allows you to get at least the classic package without paying extra... Anything could happen as it's a ways into the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi folks

I've a booking for April 2016 - Transpacific

I'd like to add the classic or Prem drink package on this booking, but it's not possible

Webpage state: no exchange rate loaded - no booking possible

X germany stated on the phone: we do not have pricing for that....

Any idea? - will X delete drink packages?

I have a February 2016 cruise booked on the Solstice. I went into My Celebrity, pulled up my itinerary, went to the "cruise planner" and was able to pick a beverage package and put it in my shopping cart.

So, yes... it does appear that you can book a beverage package this far in advance. Since prices can change (usually going up), you may want to lock in the package sooner than later.

If you are not from the USA, this most likely won't apply, but you can get a 10% discount on the beverage package purchase if you have the RCI/Celebrity credit card.

It might be a Euro thing. As the German website re-directs you to the US website for booking a beverage package, you'll have to do your booking in US-$ and you might have problems trying to get a conversion into Euros . I haven't tried it myself, yet, but I would try to have the credit card charged with US-$ for the package you want to purchase. Same thing happens when you want to book a shore excursion in Euros instead of US-$, it goes through when you keep to $$.

As the 10% promo has expired anyway you can also easily book your beverage package directly onboard and have it charged to your seapass card or use up OBC.

@ Megan: Even if there should be another promo like 1-2-3 it won't be of use - It's not possible to get it applied to an existing booking here and MarkusToe mentioned a Transpacific = no free packages in any case.

So book in US-$ on the US website and let your credit card company convert the amount to Euros - easy-peasy!! There are credit card companies which won't charge you for that conversion, either.

And please - don't start a political discussion about the future of the Euro (and personally I think you're wrong in your assumption anyway...) this forum is about cruising. ( and I'd happily pay in $, €, marbles, pebbles or whatever currency, just give me a ship below my feet!)