Vanilla

Nadersmom

Going to Progresso in August on the Triumph. We've been to Progresso twice and we haven't decided if we want to take the bus in or just stay at the boat and just check out the shops right there on the dock this time. Last two trips I purchased vanilla and if my memory is right (which at my age is questionable :rolleyes:), I purchased it prior to getting on the bus. Can you still get vanilla at the shops right at the dock? I'm almost out and that vanilla is so much better than the stuff I get at home. I'd love to get some more but I thought I remember (again....not a trustworthy source), reading that it wasn't as readily available anymore. Our first two cruises we went to Progresso first and then Cozumel. This trip Cozumel is first. I was always working under the assumption that it would be cheaper in Progresso than Cozumel But if know ahead of time that I can't get it in Progresso anymore, then I need to purchase it in Cozumel at Los Cinco Soles.

Anyone?

Please and thank you

• 1 month later...

I always bought it at the store in Progreso that you had to pass through to see any of the other stores. They would funnel you through that store. When we went last October the store was closed. It was the best place to buy it in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have bought Totonacs's Mexican Vanilla in both Clear and Regular. I but the next to the largest and it is so cheap right there at the port in the first store to your right when you get thru to the shops. cheaper than buying anything in Cozumel and it is really good vanilla.

• 5 months later...