Adventure Ocean

just wondering if Adventure Ocean, specifically the 3-5 and 6-8 group, has an hourly schedule? Everything I’ve seen just lists things that they may do but can’t find anything that has a detailed schedule and times.

No. They didn’t have an hourly schedule when we used them last week (Oasis) or in June last year (Allure). They may show special AO activities by the hour in the planner but the main AO planner didn’t split the activities for each group by the hour.

By special activities, I mean face painting, movie times, AO lab activities, etc - that are usually family events.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In my experience with the 6-8 age group, Adventure Ocean staff didn't typically follow even the list of activities for each session. There were days my kids went because they wanted to participate in a specific activity listed and ended up playing gagaball instead. I didn't get the impression they follow a rigid schedule, aside from things like evening movie viewings. Your only option would be to ask the staff at Adventure Ocean if they could give you an idea of specific time frames for activities in a session.

• 2 weeks later...
In my experience with the 6-8 age group, Adventure Ocean staff didn't typically follow even the list of activities for each session. There were days my kids went because they wanted to participate in a specific activity listed and ended up playing gagaball instead. I didn't get the impression they follow a rigid schedule, aside from things like evening movie viewings. Your only option would be to ask the staff at Adventure Ocean if they could give you an idea of specific time frames for activities in a session.

This was a problem on our last cruise. My kids do many things, even most things, with us and like to pick and choose only the activities that they enjoy to attend. They go for the program not socializing with the other kids. If the Adventure Ocean cut out the good stuff like the science labs then we will have a HUGE problem. Please tell me they didn't cut out the educational parts for additional games. Don't get me wrong my kids like gagaball and lots of physical activity, but like a variety. I can understand replacing say soccer with gagaball or the volcano experiment with a different science lab, but they need to stay on schedule with the type of activities offered. I will make sure we attend the orientation the first day and see what the expectations are.