Norwegian Fjourds cruise Sept. 1, 2018

Floatplane

We are going on the above cruise with Celebrity and was wondering if anyone has tips on how much Norwegian money to take for 8 nights. We will be using a credit card but for small things when on shore ie buses, snacks, small souvenirs.

Also, any suggestions on what to pack for clothes this time of year.

$1.00 is about 8 K's . Most everywhere takes credit or debit cards we just found out on our fjord cruise. Euro's are accepted most places too so you can get by with very few Krs. to use just for small instances. It depends on what you are comfortable with.

In the more touristy places, they'll accept £,$ and €... a poor rate of exchange, but handy if you don't have any Norwegian krone left.

One market stall was selling pure woollen slipper boots with the price tag: £20, €20, $30, and he was doing very well from the ship's passengers!

But almost everywhere takes cards for even small items.

Norway is attempting to become a cashless society and virtually anything including very small purchases can be made with CC’s. Ironically I was just there on a Fjord cruise and did come up against one tour seller who absolutely required cash . She would accept $,€,£ but she would set the exchange if you used anything other than NOK. I hit the first ATM so I could have a better rate. Generally you wil need very few NOK.

For clothes plan on layers. We were lucky with pretty good weather and only 1 rainy day. A couple of weeks earlier it had rained almost every day.