MAUI: Two days.....Waterfalls & Beach

ajtraveler66

We will have 2 days in Maui when we cruise this July. I'm big into waterfalls, and she's big into the beach.

Plus I'd like to see some other great must-see scenery. [Not into snorkeling at all]. [Don't care anything about going to 'hot spot' restaurants...McD's will do fine while we are there.....].

What would you recommend for our two days in Maui?

Are you planning on driving the road to Hana? If I'm not mistaken, I think that is where you will find most of the waterfalls with easy access. We tried to hike the Waihee Ridge trail on our visit in February but the it was closed. We were planning to do this mainly for the hike, though, and not necessarily just to see the falls (they are visible off in the distance apparently).

I'd suggest renting a car and driving the Road to Hana, so long as neither of you get car sick. The Maui Revealed guidebook is a great resource for all the must see stops along the drive. You do need a full day to do the whole thing, though.

Also, I agree with edmonton2 and their suggestion of the Waihee Ridge trail. If you are into hiking, this is a must-do. You can see many waterfalls from he trail, but the views of the mountains and coastline are what make this an amazing hike. It's one of my favorite hike on any of the Hawaiian islands...and I've done a lot of hiking here!