Prepaid cabin credits

orphaned

On our Diamond Princess cruise last year we were able to purchase onboard credits, in increments of various USD amounts. Does anyone know if we can still do this. The exchange rate was extremely favourable and we are keen to do this again. It meant we did not have a huge bill at cruise end. Also, can anyone advise the conversion rate please? Many thanks.

You can purchase OBC on your Cruise Personalizer in $25s, $50s and $100

Thank you for that! Would anyone know the conversion rates? Last year the NZD was worth 65c against the US. When we bought the OBC it converted at 80c. A HUGE difference, in our favour. (I believe the Ozzies and Candians got 90c, whch was pretty good for them too). $US100 cost us $NZ120. The charge to the credit card was $NZ120 with no extra fees, etc. We are keen to do this again for our Golden Princess sailing in July.

The rate is tied to when you booked your cruise. You will see the ability to buy 25 50 and 100 US (if that is the onboard currency for your cruise) in your personalizer, shown in the currency you booked in. You will need to do some quick math to determine whether it is still a good rate or not. You may buy as much as you need. Take a printout of the confirmation in case there is an issue with it posting to your account. On my recent Ruby cruise, they had just completed some sort of a software update and things were all messed up ( but quickly fixed by the good folks at the PSD)

The rate is tied to when you booked your cruise. You will see the ability to buy 25 50 and 100 US (if that is the onboard currency for your cruise) in your personalizer, shown in the currency you booked in. You will need to do some quick math to determine whether it is still a good rate or not. You may buy as much as you need. Take a printout of the confirmation in case there is an issue with it posting to your account. On my recent Ruby cruise, they had just completed some sort of a software update and things were all messed up ( but quickly fixed by the good folks at the PSD)

Thank you "Goofy". When we purchased last year the currency was all in USD which was fine. There was no mention of the NZD equivalent. We only found out by charging a small amount of $US50 to see what it cost us once it hit our credit card. We had read quite a bit on the roll call for our cruise about how favourable the rates were but I was very skeptical (it all seemed too good to be true). Anyway, once we get our Golden cruise confirmed, I will "test the waters again" on the Cruise Personaliser with a small $US50 purchase to see what the end result is on our credit card.:)

On our Diamond Princess cruise last year we were able to purchase onboard credits, in increments of various USD amounts. Does anyone know if we can still do this. The exchange rate was extremely favourable and we are keen to do this again. It meant we did not have a huge bill at cruise end. Also, can anyone advise the conversion rate please? Many thanks.

Quick answer Yes.

Tony

Thank you "Goofy". When we purchased last year the currency was all in USD which was fine. There was no mention of the NZD equivalent. We only found out by charging a small amount of $US50 to see what it cost us once it hit our credit card. We had read quite a bit on the roll call for our cruise about how favourable the rates were but I was very skeptical (it all seemed too good to be true). Anyway, once we get our Golden cruise confirmed, I will "test the waters again" on the Cruise Personaliser with a small $US50 purchase to see what the end result is on our credit card.:)

In the cruise personaliser the price is in NZD but will be converted once you get onboard to USD. Your credit card will show the price you're actually paying in NZD. The exchange rate changes for every cruise but there is no need to be skeptical. It really does work and is an excellent way to 'prepay'some of your onboard costs.