Help a newbe

Richard Stein

Elite Celebrity captains club member considering cruise on MSC. How do the two lines compare? Is the food as good as Celebrity? Will I feel it was worth it. Prices I see on line seem high. Give me your opinion. Thank you.

Which ship?

I am also Elite on X. I was on Sinfonia in July in the Med. Physically, the ship reminded me of a mini Infinity. Classy, elegant, well laid out. Cabins are definitely smaller, across the board, than on X.

Food in the dining room was very Italian and I found it to be excellent. I like the food and service on X but preferred MSC. Fewer daytime options and very limited buffet. Also limited room service but I am told this is not the case in the Caribbean.

I did miss the Aquaspa and healthy options offered on M class ships for breakfast and lunch. Also there is no adult pool, which would have been a big plus.

If fitness is important, the facilties on MSC are limited as are the classes. X has the edge here.

I did not care for the entertainment on my European cruise but it was not geared to Americans so I expected that. That being said, I generally find the nightlife on X to be pretty low key (to the point of boring).

MSC often offers very good rates. I would consider them and keep my eyes open for a good deal.

I will keep my eyes open for a bargain. Looking to try late next year when the Musica comes to the US. We do have a similar cruise history.

Star Princess 5/05, Horizon, 2004, Sapphire Princess, 2004 , Zuiderdam-2003, Constellation -2003, Infinity-2002, Vision of the Seas-2002, Mercury-2001, Zenith 2001, Norwegian Sky-2000, Horizon-2000, Ryndam-1999, Grand Princess-1999, Westerdam-1998, Grand Princess-1998, Oriania-1997, 1985-1996-1- Home, 3-HAL,1-RCCL, 2-NCL, 11-Princess, 1-Royal, 1-Cunard, 2-Celebrity

Next- 11/10/05 Constellation, 5/7/06 Vision of Sea, 5/14/06 Osterdam, 11/06,

MSC Musica 11/06

I would not reccommend MSC.. Costa are miles better in every way we went on Ammonia, Never again!!! Poor standards in every way, terrible food, Bad embarkation etc, nothing good to say. not been with celebrity , usually P&o, costa,Fred Olsen.

Good Luck

We thoroughly enjoyed MSC(Opera) in every way, though it was our first cruise, so we have little to compare against. However, we chatted with a couple who'd done around twenty cruises and rated Opera the best so far.

We're trying Costa Magica next year....

I would not reccommend MSC.. Costa are miles better in every way we went on Ammonia, Never again!!! Poor standards in every way, terrible food, Bad embarkation etc, nothing good to say.

I have not been on Costa, but my experience on the Lirica was exactly the opposite as the one quoted here.

Nothing but good things to say. Looking forward to my next time with MSC.

Kyle

Archived