Pacifc Pearl - Salt Grill

Hello

Well everyone seems to be loving this and I cant wait to try in December, just wondering, can you please let me know what you get for your $40? :confused:

Entree - Main - Desert ?

We did the pay resturant on Pacific Sun a few years ago and we all reckoned it was the best steak ever, I can imagine this will be 10 times better.

Thanks heaps :o

Hi

My husband and I ate at Salt Grill when we were on Pacific Pearl in March.

Entree, Main and Dessert.

Entree: there were prawns in Tempura Batter, Prawn cocktail and a large

slection as well as olives breads and feta.

Mains were lovely, Steaks, cutlets, rumps and ribeyes as well as different fish dishes. with side to choose from eg mashed garlic potatos, whole potatos and green beans, mushrooms etc. and chicken (we think). There was also a 1 kl steak for 2 which we believe people have said is very good. and lots of different sauces to have as well.

Desserts, tasting plate, cheese cakes, mini pavlovas ( we chose 3 between the two of us, as we could not decide which one to have. As well as Lukes licorice icecream. sounds weird but lovely.

You can really choose and eat as much as you like. they were really generous with how much/many you can choose from.

The service was wonderful, very attentive and the atmosphere was cosy.

Eat and enjoy

Margaret

We were on pearl at Easter and dined at the Salt Grill...Yummmo

We had breads with olive oil/balsamic and nut dippers... Tapas, Entree, Main, desert.... You can have as much and as many of each course as you like......The licorice desert is a must :p $40 or $30 for lunch Fiona

Hello

Well everyone seems to be loving this and I cant wait to try in December, just wondering, can you please let me know what you get for your $40? :confused:

Entree - Main - Desert ?

We did the pay resturant on Pacific Sun a few years ago and we all reckoned it was the best steak ever, I can imagine this will be 10 times better.

Thanks heaps :o

Here's some examples of the meals available in Salt (these were on Jewel, but the same are available on Pearl & Dawn)

Entree - Lobster Tortellini soup

2179220820078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Main - Flounder

2094750790078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

Dessert - Floating Island

2393042130078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

I still can not see the sende in paing for two meals one in salty grill and one on the ship and I will not eat at this salty grill, when There a great dinng roon on board the ship that serves just as good or better meals.

Thied

That is your choice - and I certainly understand where you are coming from. On all ships that I have cruised on, the meals in the main dining room have been very good.

HOWEVER - the MDR meals are all prepared and cooked in bulk. The meals in these "specialty" restaurants are cooked "to order". I have eaten in all the specialty restaurants on Oriana, Arcadia and QM2 - and there is NO WAY that the food in their MDR's is as "good or better" (in your words). The food in the specialty restaurants is of a similar food style to that served in the MDR - but it is the manner of the cooking(and the quality of the ingredients) that makes all the difference.

I have not really eaten in any P&O AUS ship specialty restaurants - except twice in the old Steakhouse on Pacific Sun - once when it was done in a part of the Buffet area and another when it was done in the Library!! I did not think on those two occasions that it was very good - but those were the days before the Luke Mangan concept came along. I am looking forward to trying it out on Pearl soon - and will report back. I note that I have yet to read a bad report about Salt Grill.

Barry

I still can not see the sende in paing for two meals one in salty grill and one on the ship and I will not eat at this salty grill, when There a great dinng roon on board the ship that serves just as good or better meals.

Weather or not you chose to eat there or not, is up to you Thied, But will you at least stop calling it the Salty Grill. it's called THE SALT GRILL.

Deidre.:)

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Herbert Spencer, British philosopher, 1820-1903.

“There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation”

Herbert Spencer, British philosopher, 1820-1903.

Wow! He sums up well, Deb. Haven't come across that one before. Might have to file that one. :)

A querie if I may, you say that you wont pay extra to go to the Salt Grill when you can go to the dining room, this confuses me a tad as you are always saying you would never cruise in an inside or outside cabin, only a suite:eek: so you are happy to pay extra for a cabin when there is no need but you wouldnt try something as special as The Salt Grill :rolleyes:

Confucious say: You not make sense :p

Have you actually eaten in The Salt Grill in order to be able to compare?

The reason I ask is because I have eaten in both and whilst the dining room meals are great, The Salt Grill is an experience that can not compare. The service and meals are not the same as the dining room where meals are more mass produced and nor should they be.

If you have eaten there and did not enjoy it, I hope you put your concerns in writing whilst on the ship. However, when ever you comment about The Salt Grill it is only about the cost which makes me think you have not eaten there at all.

Thied

That is your choice - and I certainly understand where you are coming from. On all ships that I have cruised on, the meals in the main dining room have been very good.

HOWEVER - the MDR meals are all prepared and cooked in bulk. The meals in these "specialty" restaurants are cooked "to order". I have eaten in all the specialty restaurants on Oriana, Arcadia and QM2 - and there is NO WAY that the food in their MDR's is as "good or better" (in your words). The food in the specialty restaurants is of a similar food style to that served in the MDR - but it is the manner of the cooking(and the quality of the ingredients) that makes all the difference.

I have not really eaten in any P&O AUS ship specialty restaurants - except twice in the old Steakhouse on Pacific Sun - once when it was done in a part of the Buffet area and another when it was done in the Library!! I did not think on those two occasions that it was very good - but those were the days before the Luke Mangan concept came along. I am looking forward to trying it out on Pearl soon - and will report back. I note that I have yet to read a bad report about Salt Grill.

Barry

The buffet is no a place we eat at very much, and as for lukes mangan concept well if there was no name behind would it still be as good ?:rolleyes:

but I -/we like the old Steakhouse on the pacific star

Maybe he's never eaten in a top class restaurant to know the difference. I've not heard a bad word about the Salt Grill, either. :rolleyes:
what would you know about top class restaurants on our last cruise with you was amazing to see what a person will do to get compo about the meal be not up to standed:rolleyes:

Have you actually eaten in The Salt Grill in order to be able to compare?

The reason I ask is because I have eaten in both and whilst the dining room meals are great, The Salt Grill is an experience that can not compare. The service and meals are not the same as the dining room where meals are more mass produced and nor should they be.

If you have eaten there and did not enjoy it, I hope you put your concerns in writing whilst on the ship. However, when ever you comment about The Salt Grill it is only about the cost which makes me think you have not eaten there at all.

well it would be that you do not know the right people on a cruise ship to get the best service and meals as we do, If you think that you are getting different waiter or cocks then the main dinning room then you are in lala land as they are the same and are rotated around for each cruise, the only way I would pay to eat at the salty grill is if Luke him self was cooking.

A querie if I may, you say that you wont pay extra to go to the Salt Grill when you can go to the dining room, this confuses me a tad as you are always saying you would never cruise in an inside or outside cabin, only a suite:eek: so you are happy to pay extra for a cabin when there is no need but you wouldnt try something as special as The Salt Grill :rolleyes:

Confucious say: You not make sense :p

yes we are happy to pay for a suite as we like thenm and with having children it is a bliesing to have the extra room for them and the service is way way better then the normal cabin, if you have ever stayed in a suite you would know what it is like.

why when we can fly to to one of lukes restaurants and we have done so and well worth it, it is way better to feel the full Ambiance of lukes then just a snippet of it.

For $40 you will get more food than you can actually eat.....or you will eat it and roll out like we did :D
so I would take you do not eat any where else on the ship when you cruise?

Weather or not you chose to eat there or not, is up to you Thied, But will you at least stop calling it the Salty Grill. it's called THE SALT GRILL.

Deidre.:)

sorry the salt grill

well it would be that you do not know the right people on a cruise ship to get the best service and meals as we do, If you think that you are getting different waiter or cocks then the main dinning room then you are in lala land as they are the same and are rotated around for each cruise, the only way I would pay to eat at the salty grill is if Luke him self was cooking.

Yes well you could very well be right Thead as I have never had a cock in the MDR or The Salt Grill. Needless to say I have never had a rotating one either. :eek:

Sorry I could not resist.

yes we are happy to pay for a suite as we like thenm and with having children it is a bliesing to have the extra room for them and the service is way way better then the normal cabin, if you have ever stayed in a suite you would know what it is like.

why when we can fly to to one of lukes restaurants and we have done so and well worth it, it is way better to feel the full Ambiance of lukes then just a snippet of it.

yes, the suites are lovely, when I was last in The Royal Suite I quite enjoyed it, but when we continually cruise in a Royal Suite it does become a bit tiresome. You are lucky to fly to Luke's restaurants, I find it much easier to give him a tingle or face book him and get him to pop on over, Fiona

Yes well you could very well be right Thead as I have never had a cock in the MDR or The Salt Grill. Needless to say I have never had a rotating one either. :eek:

Sorry I could not resist.

sorry it shold cooks thats ok typo .

Just noticed your pics Thied..Nice... I am sorry the Grammar Police caught up with you, you better run because a little birdie told me that the Spelling Police are after you too...:eek:

Thats nice of you and I am glad that they are.

yes, the suites are lovely, when I was last in The Royal Suite I quite enjoyed it, but when we continually cruise in a Royal Suite it does become a bit tiresome. You are lucky to fly to Luke's restaurants, I find it much easier to give him a tingle or face book him and get him to pop on over, Fiona
That would be great if it was true

Archived