pacific star

jimmil

I just looked at the cruise cam above and it looks like she is in open water. There are crew on the forward deck with life jackets on and water splashes on the camera. Wouldn't really expect either if she was in port, would you? I hope she is on her way!! Does anyone know for sure?

Our tickets arrived today. We are collecting them tomorrow and hope that it has the same upgraded cabin on them as what is currently reported in Personaliser. I'm getting excited. A little over a month to go!! And with Christmas & New Year in between the month should fly.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

pacific_star3.jpg.4acf7bba4a4c292c8d9b15d5c62515cc.jpg

Chaz, did you get your shore tours booklet with the actual tours being offered and able to book or did you just get the general brochure listed all the tours that are might be available?

We pick up the tickets today. I'll let you know when we have them.

Cheers,

I'm going out to the airport on the 28th to pick up some visitors arriving from Melbourne, so whether our visitors like it or not, I'll be diverting via the river to have a look at her, probably from the south side of the river at our normal spot at Barcoo St.

I am actually flying out of Brisbane on the 28th of December (her first sailing date) and will hopefully be able to look over the Gateway Bridge railing and see the Star in all her glory!!

Cheers,

Chaz, did you get your shore tours booklet with the actual tours being offered and able to book or did you just get the general brochure listed all the tours that are might be available?

We just got a general brochure. There were no booking forms or specific tour details. Our cabin number is listed as the upgraded cabin as per personaliser. Wow, hope so!! I am looking forward to having an outside cabin for the first time. Not a bad upgrade, up one deck (I know I said 2 before but I was wrong) and an outside cabin. Worth an extra $300 each!

Also apparently cruise cards have changed as well. If we are reading it correctly you can keep spending and just pay the balance at the end of the cruise. Could be a little dangerous. One of the best things about having to put cash (including using your credit card) on it before you could spend it was that it sometimes stopped impulse buying (i.e. couldn't be bothered going to cabin to get cash out of the safe to put on card so didn't buy at that point in time planning to buy later, then decided later I didn't really need it after all). Will be interesting to see how that works.

Our travel agent said he had seen a DVD of the Star and said it looks fantastic. Won't be long til I can tell you all about it!!!

Cheers,

I'm going out to the airport on the 28th to pick up some visitors arriving from Melbourne, so whether our visitors like it or not, I'll be diverting via the river to have a look at her, probably from the south side of the river at our normal spot at Barcoo St.

Hi Kym,

Where exactly do you go? Do you get a decent view of the ship? My family thought about having a picnic lunch at Fort Lyton on the 28th. Does anyone have a better vantage point to see the ship? They were very disappointed the first time they tried to get in to see the Sky when she first moved to Brisbane. Couldn't see a thing or work out a good place to better look. Can't wait til they have the proper passenger terminal in Brisbane, although it looks like that has been further delayed. Maybe it will be in place before our Easter 2007 cruise!

Cheers,

We just got a general brochure. There were no booking forms or specific tour details. Our cabin number is listed as the upgraded cabin as per personaliser. Wow, hope so!! I am looking forward to having an outside cabin for the first time. Not a bad upgrade, up one deck (I know I said 2 before but I was wrong) and an outside cabin. Worth an extra $300 each!

Also apparently cruise cards have changed as well. If we are reading it correctly you can keep spending and just pay the balance at the end of the cruise. Could be a little dangerous. One of the best things about having to put cash (including using your credit card) on it before you could spend it was that it sometimes stopped impulse buying (i.e. couldn't be bothered going to cabin to get cash out of the safe to put on card so didn't buy at that point in time planning to buy later, then decided later I didn't really need it after all). Will be interesting to see how that works.

Our travel agent said he had seen a DVD of the Star and said it looks fantastic. Won't be long til I can tell you all about it!!!

Cheers,

Chaz, Read somewhere recently that the Star doesn't have the same system with the cruise card as the other ships do. That everything you spend will be billed at the end to your credit card or deducted from the cash you leave with the purser.

Kerri

Chaz, to get a view of the ships at the Pinkenba terminal, the best place to go is Barku Ct, Murrarie/Lytton (just off Lytton Rd, Refidex Ref 142 H13).

The best place to watch them sail out is by the Tug & Salvage Facility at Fisherman's Island (end of Howard Smith Drive, Refidex Ref 143 A1). You head out along Lytton Rd to Fishermans Island, and turn left at the Big BP service station you come to when you first get to the island.

You can watch the ships pull away from Pinkenba and then drive to Fisherman's Island to watch it sail past, as long as you don't get stuck in traffic. The Fisherman's Island spot is normally where people go to wave at passengers on the departing ships.

Hi Kym,

Where exactly do you go? Do you get a decent view of the ship? My family thought about having a picnic lunch at Fort Lyton on the 28th. Does anyone have a better vantage point to see the ship? They were very disappointed the first time they tried to get in to see the Sky when she first moved to Brisbane. Couldn't see a thing or work out a good place to better look. Can't wait til they have the proper passenger terminal in Brisbane, although it looks like that has been further delayed. Maybe it will be in place before our Easter 2007 cruise!

Cheers,

Chaz, to get a view of the ships at the Pinkenba terminal, the best place to go is Barku Ct, Murrarie/Lytton (just off Lytton Rd, Refidex Ref 142 H13).

The best place to watch them sail out is by the Tug & Salvage Facility at Fisherman's Island (end of Howard Smith Drive, Refidex Ref 143 A1). You head out along Lytton Rd to Fishermans Island, and turn left at the Big BP service station you come to when you first get to the island.

You can watch the ships pull away from Pinkenba and then drive to Fisherman's Island to watch it sail past, as long as you don't get stuck in traffic. The Fisherman's Island spot is normally where people go to wave a:) t passengers on the departing ships.

Thank you Skyrules both Suey and I will try this to see the ship.

The only sad bit Chaz will not be with us she will be flying home.

I read that too. I would much prefer the system on Sky & Sun, much easier to control your spending.

I hope there'll be a choice.

Kym

The latest email I got from P&O says that the Star will be offering a "credit folio" system so you could pay your account at the end. It also says that walkie talkies are available for hire on all 3 ships.

I just looked at the cruise cam above and it looks like she is in open water. There are crew on the forward deck with life jackets on and water splashes on the camera. Wouldn't really expect either if she was in port, would you? I hope she is on her way!! Does anyone know for sure?

Cheers,

I just checked the cam this morning and she appears to be at anchor,

somewhere........

i4pf91.jpg

Archived