Finnair - decent airline?

Elizabetho55

Viking has booked us on Finnair for our trip. We’ve never flown that airline and I’ve read some less than positive reviews. Has anyone flown them and can you give any information? Do they provide meals and free drinks like other airlines on international flights?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have two experiences with them. On both occasions we flew Qantas to Asia (Singapore and Tokyo) and then connected with Finnair. The flights were fine, on-board service very good - drinks etc included. Meals also included and fine. With regard to the less than glowing reviews it might be worth comparing reviews of the 'older' A330 aircraft and the more modern A350 aircraft. I am not sure which aircraft you will be flying, but as with most things newer will be better. From our personal experience flying Asia / Helsinki, no problems happy to use them again. However if I had a choice I would obviously choose the more modern A350 aircraft - and if that is not an option I would probably see what else is on offer. Price wise - they were less expensive than flying Qantas all the way to Europe. Not sure how they compare in US. FYI - we flew business class both times.

Edited by helenandfrank
Add information

We just received our air information. While we too are booked with Finnair, a close look shows that the air flight is actually with American Airlines. It appears that they are airline partners and share Rewards programs. I am not sure why the flight was ticketed through Finnair, but I am willing to guess that the cost was less expensive. I wonder if this is the case with your flight? We are booked on the June sailing Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. This will be our first Viking cruise.

We just received our air information. While we too are booked with Finnair, a close look shows that the air flight is actually with American Airlines. It appears that they are airline partners and share Rewards programs. I am not sure why the flight was ticketed through Finnair, but I am willing to guess that the cost was less expensive. I wonder if this is the case with your flight? We are booked on the June sailing Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. This will be our first Viking cruise.

Our flights are also booked through AA but the actual airline from Chicago is Finnair. Hopefully, it will be fine. 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have flown Finnair twice from Paris to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Berlin (intra Europe flights). The planes and service ( including baggage) were fine and up to current standards. Both flights were early morning and the breakfast food was very bad. We did not eat or drink the poor coffee.

Joel Barry