Kenia Fjords or Misty Fjords?

dutchiegirl

I've been to both and would easily do a 6-8 hour Kenai Fjords tour with glaciers, whales, puffins, etc. vs. an aerial flight that lasts two hours. I spent a day in Misty Fjords on a small boat when gave the area the time it deserves. FYI - there are no glaciers in Misty Fjords either.

Both were great experiences, but I would repeat touring Kenai Fjords any time. Misty Fjords was our first experience on our first cruise in Alaska, and while amazing and I'll never forget it, I just prefer being on the water than in the air. Plus, it's a much longer excursion, you get to see more wildlife, up close, and the water and mountains - and glaciers - are amazing. Headed back in August for our 4th Alaska adventure, and are planning on two Kenai Fjords trips before we head southbound on our cruise.

Kenai Fjords, we did the 81/2 hour with Kenai Fjords tours company; very nice; lots of wildlife! More wildlife in one day than any other excursion. And beautiful glaciers. Next time, I want to do the longest tour, if I ever get back up to Alaska. Our next trip is Mexican Riviera at Christmas, then Panama Canal in 2018.

I've been to both and would easily do a 6-8 hour Kenai Fjords tour with glaciers, whales, puffins, etc. vs. an aerial flight that lasts two hours. I spent a day in Misty Fjords on a small boat when gave the area the time it deserves. FYI - there are no glaciers in Misty Fjords either.

Actually there are glaciers and I've been privileged to fly them. :)

Being I never have to choose "which one", and won't be in a few weeks either, again doing both, equally I enjoy them. It doesn't matter to me about tour length.