Solo on the Allure - My Thoughts

100% correct. The cream always rises to the top.

:o:o Tell me more! :o:o

This is a VERY well known about tactic in Ft Lauderdale. They try it all the time if they think you do not know the area.

Yes, I was afraid that was what he was doing, but, he seemed so stupid and struggling with English, I chose to believe he really was lost. I can't remember if I posted this in the review or not (maybe I need to go back and reread it :o), but, between the hotel which was supposed to pick me up for free not answering the darn phone, the taxi costing me extra and my taxi sharing friends leaving without me the next morning, I was in tears that day at the hotel. I said this cruise is costing me more than it was supposed to, I've made a terrible mistake, etc. Then, as I was packing to leave the hotel, Roar by Katy Perry came on and I said that's what I'm gonna do- ROAR!! I wasn't going to let a few negative things keep me down. Whenever I hear that song, I remember the Allure. :)

\Yes, I was afraid that was what he was doing, but, he seemed so stupid and struggling with English, I chose to believe he really was lost. I can't remember if I posted this in the review or not (maybe I need to go back and reread it :o), but, between the hotel which was supposed to pick me up for free not answering the darn phone, the taxi costing me extra and my taxi sharing friends leaving without me the next morning, I was in tears that day at the hotel. I said this cruise is costing me more than it was supposed to, I've made a terrible mistake, etc. Then, as I was packing to leave the hotel, Roar by Katy Perry came on and I said that's what I'm gonna do- ROAR!! I wasn't going to let a few negative things keep me down. Whenever I hear that song, I remember the Allure. :)

omg. I can relate to this. I had a slightly similar and extremely ridiculous experience when I was traveling around China with my University. I lost my passport the day before we were due to fly back home, so my group left me behind.

I was abandoned in China.

Anyway, it took several days before we got everything sorted out, and at some point, I was in the elevator of the crappy hotel my school put me up at, and I was alone and overwhelmed, and I just started sobbing in the elevator. And then I heard a very strange, Chinese elevator muzak version of my favorite song, Beyond the Sea, and it was like the heavens opened up and shone down on me, a sign from above that I was going to be okay!

Yes, an elevator music version of Beyond the Sea did that to me. Not quite as profound as ROAR but it gave me the confidence I needed to, at the very least, stop sobbing alone in an elevator in a foreign country.

Maureencruiser - I hope we hear from you again soon! I've loved your reviews! Now, I know your next cruise is likely a repeat of one you've already done, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that it would be awesome to hear from you after your Alaska cruise!!

And then I heard a very strange, Chinese elevator muzak version of my favorite song, Beyond the Sea, and it was like the heavens opened up and shone down on me, a sign from above that I was going to be okay!

Exactly!

Maureencruiser - I hope we hear from you again soon! I've loved your reviews! Now, I know your next cruise is likely a repeat of one you've already done, but I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that it would be awesome to hear from you after your Alaska cruise!!

I know, right? Alaska! I'm still trying to find out what HAL's internet package costs. I'm afraid I'm getting a reputation on CC as the queen of the unfinished reviews...:(:(

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...