Hyatt House San Juan

cstiv

I posted this on the thread about hotels being open, but didn't get any help, so I decided to start a new thread:

Anyone stayed at the Hyatt House San Juan? I booked this on Hotwire before the hurricane for late Jan. The Hyatt corporate line wasn't any help, they just told me what the website said. I sent a couple emails direct to the hotel and got no answer, I also wasn't able to get anyone on the phone. Based on all that I booked an AirBnb that was big enough to accomodate our party of 8. It was actually less expensive than the hotel room my parents had booked (that they are able to cancel), so we are going to keep that. Unfortunately, I don't think I can cancel my reservation, because it's Hotwire, unless they cancel mine. I was hoping I could find a way out of it so I can get my $170 back.

So all of this was a long-winded way of asking if anyone has stayed there recently and can confirm they are honoring their pre-hurricane reservations?

We had a reservation with Hyatt House for January 6th, reserved through Hotels.com. Early in November I talked to Hyatt corporate and also Hotels.com and was assured the reservation was still good. Then I got an email about two weeks ago that everything was canceled. Sigh.

My Hyatt house reservation for the end of December was cancelled in October and I do not believe they are accepting new reservations or honoring old ones until February. Call this number for help 1 787 977 5000 or try the hyatt corporate number

I have a Hyatt house reservation that is confirmed with the hotel for Jan 14. We are traveling with another confirmed party as well... but now this post has me worried. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
have 5 rooms on 1/5 at hyatt house. I have called several times including today and they tell me my reservation is good. Keeping fingers crossed.

Please come back and let us know how it goes...we are booked there on March 3rd and have a backup rez elsewhere that I would like to cancel once I know for sure that Hyatt House is up and running.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We were booked at the Hyatt House San Juan in a couple weeks that I had booked pre-hurricane. I tried contacting the hotel several times to no avail, so I booked an AirBnb as backup. The Airbnb was actually much nicer and a better deal than the hotel so I was planning on staying there. The problem was that I had booked on Hotwire, so getting my money back would be tricky. But I called a couple times and explained that I had to make alternate arrangements since I couldn't get a hold of the hotel. After some persistence I was able to get them to cancel the reservation and refund my money. So if anyone is in the same predicament, Hotwire will refund.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you back? How was the Hotel?

There are some current reviews out there that say everything is great. The area around is still showing some damage, but the resort was up and running and things were great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk