Sleeping at the San Juan airport

RockiesLori

Our flight arrives in San Juan around 1:30 am the morning of our cruise and I can't justify paying $300 at the airport hotel for a couple hours. Will there be an issue if we just sleep at the airport for a few hours? Is this allowed? Also when is the earliest we could go to the port and get on the ship (Jewel OTS) thanks.

10 a.m. is probably the earliest you could get to the pier. Don't forget that the ship will be disembarking people so you'll want to wait to make sure that your luggage is sent TO the ship and not mistaken for luggage LEAVING the ship. I haven't tried sleeping in the airport so I can't speak to that. I think you will be exhausted to start your cruise because no way will you sleep comfortably in the airport. There has to be a hotel for less than $300.

Our flight arrives in San Juan around 1:30 am the morning of our cruise and I can't justify paying $300 at the airport hotel for a couple hours. Will there be an issue if we just sleep at the airport for a few hours? Is this allowed? Also when is the earliest we could go to the port and get on the ship (Jewel OTS) thanks.

What is the date?

The last time I was in Puerto Rico, I had a very early morning flight so stayed at the airport hotel. It was nothing spectacular, but was cheap and convenient. Depending on your travel details, it looks like a queen room is between $114 and $199 a night. Only you can decide whether or not that's worth the convenience of not sitting in an airport waiting room for any length of time.

Bechi