"Non configuring twins?"

beezercatz

We're sailing on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska, this Sunday. On the Sapphire Princess deck configuration, I clicked on B119, our balcony stateroom and it said 2 twin beds that configure to a queen size bed". I didn't think anymore about it. When I went onto my cruise personalizer, on the Princess website, it says B119, "Non configuring twins". I mean, come on, it's a romantic getaway and this is kind of "cheesy". Two websites, and two different pieces of info. Anyone else had this?????? Any options, I'm sure, especially at this late date, are probably out of the question. But I just now noticed the difference on the two websites.

Thanks,

Judy :)

Yeah... we're assigned C534 on the Grand & it says the same on the cruise personalizer. It's actually a quad cabin. The two lowers WILL convert (on this ship, anyway), but the 2 uppers are stationary, pull down out of the wall. Since we won't be using THEM, it's okay. Double check with your TA to make sure the two lowers convert on your ship.

Looks like you've already sailed, but maybe someone else has this question.

We're sailing on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska, this Sunday. On the Sapphire Princess deck configuration, I clicked on B119, our balcony stateroom and it said 2 twin beds that configure to a queen size bed". I didn't think anymore about it. When I went onto my cruise personalizer, on the Princess website, it says B119, "Non configuring twins". I mean, come on, it's a romantic getaway and this is kind of "cheesy". Two websites, and two different pieces of info. Anyone else had this?????? Any options, I'm sure, especially at this late date, are probably out of the question. But I just now noticed the difference on the two websites.

Thanks,

Judy :)

I wouldn't count on it being a mistake. We had the same thing happen to us (albeit 7 years ago) on a Princess cruise to Alaska. When we got to our cabin it was twin beds. I went to the hotel desk to ask about it and they said that the beds don't move. I asked about changing rooms - no dice, they were sold out. This would not be good in normal circumstances.....even worse, it was our honeymoon. :eek:

Suffice to say, my husband has not forgotten about it. When I started talking about a cruise for this year that was the first thing he mentioned.

I would call whoever you booked through and see if you can verify this and maybe get a cabin change.

Non-converting twins is usually the default setting for the Princess personalizer. Usually the beds do convert, and if they are in the twin configuration when you get on board, just ask your room steward to put them together for you - takes about five minutes. Happy cruising!

We booked on Dawn Princess for October and I also saw the "non-converting twins" listed on our cruise personalizer. I called Princess and was told, "No problem. We will change it and notify the room steward that you would like the twin beds converted to a Queen." I don't know about cabins where converting is not possible -- I'd feel ripped off if I didn't know that ahead of time!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived