My Viking Journey access during cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:53 AM.
Raleigh, NC
274 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Why does Viking cut off access to their My Viking Journey website during a cruise? It's so helpful to have a list of activities and what you've signed up for. I can't understand why they make this unavailable during your trip.

I had to go back to their paper catalog and my own notes just to figure out what activities were on the next day, and what optional activities I signed up for.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Tor 9/2017, Romantic Danube
Viking Heimdal 9/2016, Lyon to Provence
Raleigh, NC
274 Posts
Joined Feb 2016
Originally posted by Upset traveller
Because they up the prices if you book excursions when you are actually on the cruise and they don't want you to get grumpy about it by seeing the earlier prices.
I did that. I'll have to look through my paperwork, to see if I can confirm what you're saying.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Viking Tor 9/2017, Romantic Danube
Viking Heimdal 9/2016, Lyon to Provence
53 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Have to respectfully disagree... Having just returned from sailing on the Viking Ingiv,. On the first evening aboard the ship, when we returned from dinner, there was a print out of our scheduled excursions, along with the full schedule of options for the week, which allowed you to review and sign up for any additional excursions. The prices quoted were the same as on the My Viking site.