AT&T Cruise Package vs Hub

Laurie7724

Does anyone have experience with the new AT&T Cruise packages? If so was the service good while using cellular at sea? It is $50 per line and includes unlimited text and 50 minutes of talk time. I was considering getting it to be able to keep in touch with my husband while on board. What about the hub app? Is it reliable to keep in contact with each other on board? Also Carnival says on their webpage that they do offer free WiFi in certain locations on board. Do you need to pay for a package to use it? Can you access social media sites on it also?

We've used the hub app to send messages to friends sailing with us. It's $5 per device for the sailing & you have to keep the app open to get your messages. The app itself is free to use. Although you can connect to wifi free of charge, you have to buy some sort of package to use social media. I don't post on social media when I am out of town, so I've never used it before. Our friends used the social media package to use fb messenger to keep in touch with their son at home. At that time, you paid a daily rate - not sure how they do it now.

While the Social Media package and connection was not perfect, I think it did the job for me and my wife on the Fascination.

We purchased one package and just switched between devices. Obviously if you want to use it as a connection tool, you would need two packages, but we had no sea days so never really were apart during the week.

I have heard the Hub app chat can be delayed with messages so just be careful there.