Norwegian Dawn re-positioning November 3, 2017

Sunseeker810

I can't begrudge them that. They are in business to make money after all. The horrible and somewhat unusual weather this year is certainly not their fault and I can't imagine the logistics involved with reshuffling numerous cruises and ports-of-call, with all the other cruise lines trying to do the same thing. I am going on vacation - it is a privilege that not everyone has. The cruise lines are responsible for more that just me and my comfort - their employees, the folks who live and work in the ports.... Not knowing where I am going next month? It is all just part of the adventure! I won't have to be at work, that much I know for sure ;o)

Called today and supposedly we should hear this weekend.

Were you told that by the same Customer Rep who said we'd know in 2 weeks 18 DAYS AGO!!

NCL, we understand the level of complexity in resolving our Repo>>much more difficult than some round-trip cruises leaving before OR after us.

But SAY F***ING SOMETHING!

It's that you're leaving us hanging, wondering, that is starting to generate ill-will toward a line many have been happy with previously.

A new customer is much more expensive to cultivate than retaining a current customer.

I called last night got a refund for a Tortola excursion they could not tell me what island Tortola would was being replaced with she did say a couple of islands were being changed but nothing was finalized. SOOOOOO kind of got the impressions she knew. would not spill the beans.

Only thing she would confirm was yes going to San Juan .

Finally got a reply from hotel (Verdanza), Closed until December, told me to cancel with online TA I used .

Rebooking AA flight from Mon to Sun would have cost an additional $200/pp; my insurance won't cover because common carrier will not be closed on 11/13/17. Way cheaper to find & reserve a new hotel even though I no longer want to spend a post-cruise day in PR. Large online TA has been no help at all.

My second hotel cancelled for 3 night post stay. Cancelled my flights and got a flight to Fort Lauderdale. Will stay there for three days and then fly home. Much nicer hotel, waaay cheaper and plenty of restaurants open. Trees actually have leaves on them too!

Donna

Finally got a reply from hotel (Verdanza), Closed until December, told me to cancel with online TA I used .

Rebooking AA flight from Mon to Sun would have cost an additional $200/pp; my insurance won't cover because common carrier will not be closed on 11/13/17. Way cheaper to find & reserve a new hotel even though I no longer want to spend a post-cruise day in PR. Large online TA has been no help at all.

Hi neighbors in Litchfield and past Dawn sail mates. This is Garry and Pauline in Manchester. Wishing you and your current sail mates good luck and happy sailing whenever you get a straighter answer.Our friends who live in San Juan are still managing to join us this weekend for a B2B out of Fort Lauderdale on ( the competition line) to Aruba and Curacao. Maybe we'll see you next year on the Boston-Boston RT.

I just called again and got the same answer as last week - we should here by Friday.

I really need to book our flights and hotels

I noticed on another thread that the Nov 12 from San juan is still going and they have their new itinerary ,

I was wondering as well because I fly back to Boston on the 12th . so Boston and San Juan are good.

Just out new Itinerary Nov 3

Fri

Boston

5:00 pm

Sat

At Sea

Sun

At Sea

Mon

At Sea

Tue

St. John's, Antigua, Antigua

8:00 am

6:00 pm

Wed

Fort-de-France, Martinique

Thu

Castries, St.lucia

Fri

Basseterre, Saint Kitts - Nevis

Sat

St.Croix, United States Virgin Islands

Sun

San Juan, Puerto Rico

6:00 am

FYI My husband and I had booked our airfare for November 12 thru Orbitz on United back in July. Our price was $375 each for Economy. Happened to check yesterday and the price is now $193. United is waiving a cancellation/change fee of $200 each due to hurricane Maria. We wound up booking better connections and Business/1st class for $395 each. Definitely worth checking your airline.

Wow your airfare is pricey! Where are you flying from?

We flew to Boston from Chicago on Southwest for $56 pp. Originally we were flying home on the 15th, but we changed our flight to fly to Fort Lauderdale on the 12th and then home from there on the 15th. orginal flight was $187pp now the two flights are $208pp

Wow your airfare is pricey! Where are you flying from?

We flew to Boston from Chicago on Southwest for $56 pp. Originally we were flying home on the 15th, but we changed our flight to fly to Fort Lauderdale on the 12th and then home from there on the 15th. orginal flight was $187pp now the two flights are $208pp

This is for a one way ticket from San Juan to Portland, Maine. At one point it was almost $500 for Economy. The price went down further into the week, but by the time we added hotel, meals and taxis ...

This is for a one way ticket from San Juan to Portland, Maine. At one point it was almost $500 for Economy. The price went down further into the week, but by the time we added hotel, meals and taxis ...

We paid $794 each from SDF, but it's Thanksgiving for us (on the 11/19 sailing) so consider yourselves lucky, LOL