Magic or Freedom??

jakeHOU97

With the Freedom coming to Galveston and we are looking into booking a cruise soon, we now have a third option in the freedom. We went on the magic back in 2012 and absolutely loved it, so I was wondering if we should do that, or try the triumph/freedom?

I would choose the Magic for a couple of reasons. It has a Red Frog Pub with pub grub.......and it sails on Sunday......

I don't work anymore, but I still always drive to Galveston the day before the cruise. I would much rather make my way through Houston on a Saturday than try to get through that highway nightmare on a Friday.

I would choose the Magic for a couple of reasons. It has a Red Frog Pub with pub grub.......and it sails on Sunday......

I don't work anymore, but I still always drive to Galveston the day before the cruise. I would much rather make my way through Houston on a Saturday than try to get through that highway nightmare on a Friday.

I agree with you on this! Sunday sailings are much better. Oh yes pub grub!! yum

Freedom gets the pub and I understand it will also get the grub. If that's true, I'm in. It would be a deal breaker for DH if not...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

With the Freedom coming to Galveston and we are looking into booking a cruise soon, we now have a third option in the freedom. We went on the magic back in 2012 and absolutely loved it, so I was wondering if we should do that, or try the triumph/freedom?

Wait Freedom going to Galveston :eek:. But but DW and I are scheduled to sail on her from Fort Lauderdale 1-4-15. Will Carnival cancel our cruise?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Wait Freedom going to Galveston :eek:. But but DW and I are scheduled to sail on her from Fort Lauderdale 1-4-15. Will Carnival cancel our cruise?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/04/24/carnival-cruise-texas-expansion/8089791/

NM Sorry everybody.

After the upgrades, Freedom will have a full Red Frog Pub AND a rum bar Red Frog... it will also have Guys Burgers... Magic has the SportsSquare and the full on Water works... Not sure the Freedom is getting water works or not.

Been on the Magic 2 now and the Triumph 2... Going on the Freedom in June from FLL. So I will have a great perspective on the differences when I get back. But at this point, I would say you should try the Freedom because it will have more to offer.. unless you have Kids that just HAVE to HAVE waterworks.

I have been on Magic twice, Triumph 3x, and Conquest twice which is similar to Freedom. I like Conquest the best because of the size and all the 2.0 upgrades. Since you have already been on Magic try a new ship.

Edited by christmas