Amsterdam port debarkation to airport

tdtanc

Hey guys,

Just looking for some recent experiences with debarkation in Amsterdam. Docks at 6am. Probably off boat with self express 6:30-7am. Looking to make a flight out of Schiphol around 10am to London. Reasonable? Next flight would be at 1pm.

Thanks

Todd

We disembarked from

Amsterdam in June with a 10:55 flight. We were in the 1st group off the ship after self-assist. We grabbed our luggage and got right into a cab. It takes at least 30 minutes to get to the airport from the port. Taxis are right outside.

Once at the airport we checked in went through security & passport control and walked straight to our gate. It is a LONG walk to the gates. When we finally made it to the gate boarding had already started.

Not sure you would make a 10 am flight. I would suggest taking the 1 pm flight so you don't have to rush and have the stress of hoping you make the flight. The airport is very organized and easy to get through, but it just takes awhile to get through everything & to the gate.

Kathy

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thanks Kathy. You are so right. Who needs the stress of worrying right?! I lean towards that 1pm flight because of your recommendation.

I will actually be staying at the Sofitel at Heathrow so though the train would be great......just easier to fly.

Todd