Miami Car Rental

scrappycat2

I need to rent a car when I get off of the boat in Miami.

Since I am impatient (I waited 2 hours one time at Budget near the port), I'd like to know if anyone knows who has the better shuttles to Miami Airport.

My plan is to shuttle to the airport, rent the car there and return it there.

Leaning towards Enterprise.

Also, we have 6 adults and 6 large suitcases....Would a minivan cut it or should I go with a Durango?

Thanks. :)

I own a Durango and love it for towing my boat and trailer but it has nothing on a minivan for passenger/cargo room. You will need a minivan or a regular van. I rented a GMC Acadia or the like from SixT for our upcoming trip. It has the same seating configuration as the Durango. Seats 6 with all the seats up, 4 with the back row down and we've found, just enough room for luggage for 4 that way. There'll be less room than most car trunks for your luggage if all six people are seated in a Durango. Its why I have a sweet hitch carrier for road trips.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttle services between POM and their MAI airport location; you might consider one of your group getting off early and picking up the car while the other 5 wait a bit and collect all the bags. The driver can return to POM to pick up the rest of the group.

I own a Durango and love it for towing my boat and trailer but it has nothing on a minivan for passenger/cargo room. You will need a minivan or a regular van. I rented a GMC Acadia or the like from SixT for our upcoming trip. It has the same seating configuration as the Durango. Seats 6 with all the seats up, 4 with the back row down and we've found, just enough room for luggage for 4 that way. There'll be less room than most car trunks for your luggage if all six people are seated in a Durango. Its why I have a sweet hitch carrier for road trips.

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be going with the minivan. :)

NP. lol. I kind of went on there but my wife often tells me how she misses her mini-van that I traded in for the Durango given the space discrepency. I'm such a dork that I actually researched seating configuration/storage on SUVs before I selected our rental.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer shuttle services between POM and their MAI airport location; you might consider one of your group getting off early and picking up the car while the other 5 wait a bit and collect all the bags. The driver can return to POM to pick up the rest of the group.

Thanks. I went with Alamo.