Island exploration by hummer

HappyValley3

I haven't done it yet, but I will be on our cruise on the Conquest April 23. I read the reviews from the cruisers on the Carnival website. Everyone seemed to really like it. I think it's a great way to see the island. I've been there before, but this will be the first time for my daughter. I think we'll have a ball.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on this excursion last week. The vehicles they have to drive are red 2 seater golf carts that look like a Hummer. Vehicles are cute and fun. Tour was ok. We drove past the John Glenn capsule. Drove to a beach where the water is blue and then you see the water as dark blue. The dark blue is where the depth begins at 7200 ft.. Stopped at an area so the guide could show us some fish. Was not thrilled with this stop. I thought we would be stopping at a store or some type of business. Instead it was an area where we all parked our vehicles. Walked up a dirt road to an area where they had a bench with different kinds of fish in it. They told us about the fish and we could hold them if we wanted to. I did not hold any. A few people held some then they did not have any place to wash their hands. We also stopped along the way at an area that had restrooms and a restaurant. Had 20 minutes to walk around and explore on our own. Locals had tables set up selling items. On that part of the island we were at they had several ponds of sea salt. The odor was not pleasant. We did stop at one of them. They told us about the sea salt and its benefits.

Also this tour does not go around the whole Island. Once we got back to the ship we went up top to look over and see just where we were on the island. I was disappointed to see that we did not go too far away from where we docked for the day.

• 10 months later...

We want to do this tour when we get to Grand Turk. I am disabled and use a motorized scooter to get around. My question is there a trunk or somewhere I can put my scooter as we do the tour? My scooter breaks down into 5 pieces and weights about 80 lbs. Thanks for any advise you can give me.