Kalamata ideas?

CruiseCat99

Our Silversea Cruise has a port stop in Kalamata, and there are no ship excursions offered. Besides wandering the town, anyone have any options or suggestions for what to do and what not to miss when we are there? I’m not finding a lot of private options. Also, we arrive at noon, making morning excursion options not possible.

Thanks!

I just googled "What to do in Kalamata" and lots of options popped up including a page from Tripadvisor that gives hints on some specific tours including a walking tour in Kalamata.

Shame you seem to have such a short stop here. I think most of the better touring options are farther away than an afternoon tour can take you. I'd want to go to Mystras and Sparta but I think it's about a 2-hour drive from Kalamata...

The Diros caves are 2 hours away. Olympia is 1:45. Koroni is 1 hour away and it has a Venetian fortress. Methoni has a huge medieval fortress. Pylos is also nearby and it is a pretty coastal village.

For Kalamata itself look at this: https://www.greecetravel.com/peloponnesos/kalamata/index.htm

There are nice restaurants on the shore at Kalamata.