"New" MSC Armonia

letsgoonholiday

Poor cruise - felt more like an intruder on the ship rather than a guest.

Food very mediocre apart from pasta and pizza which was good.

Fellow passenger summed it up by commenting that it felt 'like a very unhappy ship' - I am aware that on most cruises the staff have a demanding schedule but on this cruise it was very clear that the workers were not very happy.

I personally won't pay for a holiday with MSC again, might be cheap but would rather spend my money on other brands.

Made the most of bad situation and had a good time, even had a different itinerary to what was expected, that was one of the most exciting things I can say about this holiday (MSC had to change route due to weather - didn't inform passengers apart from a letter attached to boarding documents on day of departure)

• 1 month later...

Is the work completed??! Is she back on dry dock?!!!

It seems no sailings available until April....

AJ

Will post a review after 17th January

Hoping it will be more favourable, but I am so in need of a holiday, I think I can put up with anything!

Merry Xmas to you all

Caryl

Armonia is currently doing Canary cruises.

We enjoyed our 14 night cruise on Armonia from 2nd -16 th January.

Well impressed with the beautiful ship. Loved the decor - all tastefully done.

Food was as good as other cruise ships - the pasta always delicious. Even if the lunchtime selection wasn't to your liking you could always find something to eat - even if you had to opt for pizza. Liked breakfast in the buffet but because the weather wasn't great, it was difficult to find a table.

Staff were on the whole pretty nice and friendly. If you're nice with them....BUT sometimes they took just too long to take your drinks order. We waited 15 mins one night to order pre dinner drinks when they weren't even busy! The answer was to go to the bar and order from the barman. There was always a solution.

Entertainment wasn't that exciting but we chose not to go to the theatre shows as you have to pre book tickets.

Our outside cabin right at the back of the ship overlooked the deck and we could see both sides so had great views. It was a pity that people going out on to the deck had to let the door slam shut, but we still loved the cabin. Our cabin steward was very good And we were lucky to have him when we had to move cabins when the next cruise started. That was the deal. The cabin steward helped us move our stuff to our new cabin which was nearer the lift and stairs. Also a nice clean cabin with comfortable bed and soft pillows.

Christmas music was still playing in the corridor on the 9 th January, but I phoned reception and begged them to stop as I was sick of Santa Clause comin to town etc etc!

Reception staff were excellent and so helpful

Half the ship seemed to be coughing and sneezing so my husband caught it on our second week which was a pity. At least the cabin was comfortable for him to relax in. We never went off the ship the second week!

The only works happening on Armonia was painting deck rails etc. everything was shipshape!

Will be cruising with MSC again for sure

Caryl

Edited by CASPALL
Forgot to write something

We have just retured home fra a cruise on the "new" MSC Armonia and it was wonderful :D The ship was great and had a classic feel over it. Very nice interiors, great service and food. I will post photos in a new thread soon :)

Can you give more information about the ship and food, drinks. I am planning cruise this summer...

She is a beautiful ship

Food was excellent sometimes and other times not so good

Just like any other cruise ship

Value was 10/10

Caryl

Sorry I am trying to attach pictures but too difficult!

Upside down

image.jpg.5c2d7daf7aaec24f358556b8d67e0c7b.jpg

Edited by CASPALL

• 1 month later...