Final payment due past cancel schedule India booking

littlelulu01

Booked with Ncl India site to get 50% off second passenger. Final payment on my ncl is due by 5/13/17. Sail date is 7/22/18. According to cancellation schedule on my Ncl for this booking it’s 25% of cruise fare or deposit, whichever is greater starting at 119 days. I called Ncl and the rep told me I have till final payment due date of 5/13 to either cancel or loose deposit. This does contradict ncl’s final payment schedule and just wondering if anyone has experience with. The 120 day mark is in a couple days and final payment isn’t for a couple months. I assume that I’d likely lose deposit if I cancel cruise from 119 days till final payment but will they also try and charge me for the 25% of fare if I cancel prior to final payment?

What does it say on your confirmation? If you booked in a different office, then I would expect the US phone reps to be pretty much clueless about these details of your booking, and you should only trust what you have in writing. There should be a payment schedule and a cancellation schedule on your confirmation from NCL India, and cancellation penalties can definitely start to apply before your final payment date. It's true that for US bookings, those two dates coincide, but you didn't book in the US.

Of course I do not know the answer, haha, but I really want to know where you are cruising to!!!!

Ha!! It’s actually for my bf who I’m helping with her very first Europe visit and first cruise. Thought it easiest to not post friend of mine...

She’s overwhelmed trying to figure out all the fine print & I said I’d help her figure it out and tell her what the real cost is going to roughly be for private vs ship excursions, cruise fare, drinks...and cancellation fees.

I read her fine print today on her my Ncl. It most definitely listed final payment of May 13 however in cancellation policy it says if canceled at 119 days the cancellation penalties start kicking in. So that’s in a couple days. It’s the deposit or 25% whichever is greater. Deposit was $2 so according to cancellation policy she’s going to owe Ncl 25% or more of cruise fare if cancellation prior to final payment in May. That’s very clear so I called Ncl to confirm. The rep said it does say that but that Ncl will only be able to keep the $2 if she cancels prior to final payment. He said Ncl doesn’t have a cc with authority to charge the 25% or more so they only keep the $2. Idk though if they’d go after her for the additional owed according to T&C’s should she cancel. My thinking was that she’s locked in at a rate she’s ok with now. She’ll take the cruise but should the price dump after final payment she’d potentially have opportunity to cancel the bogo 50% and get a balcony with some perks on the USA site. Her sailing date only has inside and balconies left so it could easily be close to selling out very soon.

The bogo 50% is a great deal and a way for her to get a balcony last minute booking at a fare in her budget. No other perks included in the bogo 50% so you also have to figure in the additional costs of a few drinks here and there, speciality dinners and shore excursions which she is most comfortable doing through the ship at quite a premium over independent.